A new tweak for my Rega [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A new tweak for my Rega

JohnMichael
06-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Of course there is not much more I can do but this last tweak has caught my interest. I have replaced the motor with the most recent 24V Rega motor and the TTPSU. The power for the TTPSU comes from a wal-wart. While frequenting Vinyl Engine I have learned of a power supply upgrade to replace the wal-wart.

Having replaced the wal-wart power supply for my Moon110LP with a power supply upgrade made me a believer in better power supplies. A better power supply can make a huge improvement. Until I tried one I wondered why Naim and Simaudio produced expensive PSU's. Quality power creates quality sound.

I am going to order a PSU so I will have regulated power to the Rega TTPSU. The Rega TTPSU will still give switchable speeds without changing belts. I am curious as to what I may hear with the power doubly regulated.

Linear PSU for Rega Turntable (http://www.swagmanlab.com/Product_All?product_id=664&brd=1)

JoeE SP9
06-10-2015, 10:58 AM
It will probably be quite efficacious, even more so, now that your hearing and general health is better.

dean_martin
06-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Let us know how that goes, JM. I've done very little to my Rega P5. I do have the Rega TTPSU which is great for switching speeds. (I have quite a few 45s.)

Anyhow, good to know you're still at it with the tweaks. Thanks.

JohnMichael
06-11-2015, 08:11 AM
Let us know how that goes, JM. I've done very little to my Rega P5. I do have the Rega TTPSU which is great for switching speeds. (I have quite a few 45s.)

Anyhow, good to know you're still at it with the tweaks. Thanks.

Yes that electronic switching is great. Since you have a Rega with the rigid mount motor the only tweak I would suggest is a lowered counterweight. Having the weight at the same level as the stylus really improves tracking.