Need some input! HELP [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need some input! HELP

techfanatic
06-05-2015, 02:24 PM
What's going on Audioreview!

Techfanatic here. New to the community and would love some input from more seasoned veterans.

So I'm a teacher in the San Diego district and my ASUS wireless LED projector recently overheated. I sent ti back and its in the repair process.

I'm in the market for a new projector as I use a lot of projections to teach a lot of my lessons in class. I've been borrowing another teacher's for about a month and a half now and I'd like to invest in my own pico projector.

I came across AAXA Tech's M4 mobile LED projector. It seems to have great specs and certainly looks to be a quality product. I was originally looking for a ViviTech or Optoma product, but stumbled upon AXAA's ReviewIt! program, designed to sell their products at a cheaper rate if they get something in return. Unfortunately i'm not a moderator or an avid vlogger, so I'm not really eligible for this deal (moderators look here: AAXA Review It! Program (http://www.aaxatech.com/reviewprogram.htm)). It's a pretty sweet deal, though, you get 200 dollars off.

Anyhow, I'd like to see if any of you can give me some usable input. I need a projector quick as I'm preparing for summer school with the incoming freshmen.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated...if you know any other products that have the most bang for the buck, please do let me know!

Thanks in advance.

-techfanatic

Mr Peabody
06-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Welcome to AR. You know more about this than I, but have you looked at Epson? They seem to have several models at reasonable prices. An installer friend of mine uses a lot of JVC, this is mostly for home use, not sure if that is relevant.

harley .guy07
06-17-2015, 05:22 PM
I have also seen a lot of Epson projectors out there and they seem to be reliable and relatively good priced and have several models in the price class you seem to be looking in or at least that the Asus model was. The JVC projectors are excellent units but I think they are geared more to the high end videophile and are priced accordingly. You might look at BenQ as well. they are more popular in other countries but I have read that they are good as well.

rickdownsouth
02-10-2016, 11:41 AM
Hi there, I have an unusual problem of sorts. I'm setting up a sound room with multi media, but when I'm listening to music through ROKU, or using the DVD player for a music CD , I can "sense" or "feel" a high pitch noise that leaves my ears ringing after a while. This is especially true if I listen to music, or movies using anything other than Stereo without any enhancement. So when using 5.1 or others, I get this ringing in my ears.

Here is the interesting thing, I can listen to the high quality local FM stations (classical, Jazz etc) with NO PROBLEMS...great sound!!!

I've always had sensitive hearing, especially when listening to low quality transmitted or recorded music.

I was really looking forward to setting this system up to watch movies in 5.1 but now I feel as if it was all a waste of money.

Finally want to add that I have one of the older Bang & Olufsen Beosound 3200 with Beolab 8000 speakers and I never had this problem. Seems to be only with the new stuff.

The system in question is the Yamaha RX-V679 with front speakers of Polk Monitor 75T and Polk Center, Polk Monitor 40 series. All the connections are hdmi

i just ordered a brand new Yamaha CD player, hoping that will solve the sound problem for CDs but now I'm wondering if it is more good money after bad.

Have you ever heard of these issues? Any ideas? What about an Equalizer?

Thanks

Mr Peabody
02-10-2016, 08:41 PM
You should have started your own thread with for your question. If I understand the issue you hear a noise or get ringing in your ear with surround. If this is correct I don't see how a new stereo CD player would help.
1. How loud are you playing it?
2. does this happen with both movies and music in surround?
Actually, if using a Blu-ray via HDMI you should be getting lossless sound from the Blu ray discs so don't see how that would effect your ears, the quality is high. Have you used the auto set up feature on the Yamaha? I think it's YPAO. It's the same receiver for all sources so I'm not sure what the issue would be, unless some type of distortion from playing it loud.

Hi there, I have an unusual problem of sorts. I'm setting up a sound room with multi media, but when I'm listening to music through ROKU, or using the DVD player for a music CD , I can "sense" or "feel" a high pitch noise that leaves my ears ringing after a while. This is especially true if I listen to music, or movies using anything other than Stereo without any enhancement. So when using 5.1 or others, I get this ringing in my ears.

Here is the interesting thing, I can listen to the high quality local FM stations (classical, Jazz etc) with NO PROBLEMS...great sound!!!

I've always had sensitive hearing, especially when listening to low quality transmitted or recorded music.

I was really looking forward to setting this system up to watch movies in 5.1 but now I feel as if it was all a waste of money.

Finally want to add that I have one of the older Bang & Olufsen Beosound 3200 with Beolab 8000 speakers and I never had this problem. Seems to be only with the new stuff.

The system in question is the Yamaha RX-V679 with front speakers of Polk Monitor 75T and Polk Center, Polk Monitor 40 series. All the connections are hdmi

i just ordered a brand new Yamaha CD player, hoping that will solve the sound problem for CDs but now I'm wondering if it is more good money after bad.

Have you ever heard of these issues? Any ideas? What about an Equalizer?

Thanks

rickdownsouth
02-11-2016, 01:49 AM
Hi, could NOT start my own thread because I am a new member and I need to post 5 times before they allow new members to start a new thread, so I tried to find something as close to the subject as possible.

Yes I rant the YPAO and it did help, but still something is bothering my ears. No I am not listening to it loudly, just enough to get some depth.

I have the exact same system in my bedroom and dont have the problem. But the bedroom has 20' ceilings and is much larger in size.

The room the system is in is only 10 x 15 hardwood floors and nothing but a loveseat. I am approximately 10 feet from front speakers. I read somewhere that frequencies in a space like that can have a lot of bounce off hardwood floors and walls. Wondering if this might be part of the problem?

I also have no problem in car....nice Bose sound system in my Audi and I can crank that up with no issues, so whatever this is, its isolated to that room. It is NOT the stereo, because I had it in another part of my home with no problem.

This really is driving me crazy, I wanted to have a nice sound room for music and video and its turning out to be like an interrogation chamber for terrorists instead!!!

My wife does not hear the problem, so it is definitely a sensitivity issue for people with sensitive hearing.

I'm nearly at 5 posts so I will try posting on the main. There has got to be others like me out there.

Mr Peabody
02-22-2016, 07:26 PM
It sounds like the room. I had a room I made into a workout room and although there was carpet I sometimes had my ears ring some after stopping, but I had a treadmill going and played the music loud enough to hear over that. I hung some flannal rectangles that helped some but I think still too much reflection or something. Maybe too much sound in a small area.

But to your problem, you might try some rugs and look for something nonreflective to hang that wouldn't drive your wife crazy, a nice tapestry at first reflection or something. This may stop enough reflections to eliminate or reduce your issue. There are some actual room treatments that aren't hard to find online just depends on how much you are willing to spend and what will keep a decent décor.