Who knew Hafler made speakers?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who knew Hafler made speakers??

thekid
05-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Found these at one of the local thrifts and thought I would take a flyer on them just because of the name. Turns out they date from after David Hafler sold the company but they still are very solid performers.

Nice imaging through out the sound range. Have had them for only about a day but have decided that they will replace the B&W's in the Adcom system.

Hyfi
05-04-2015, 09:53 AM
Nice find Kid. Hafler made some really decent speakers as well as gear. My oldest brother used to collaborate with David Hafler back in the days when he had a small shop in Pensauken NJ.

thekid
05-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Nice find Kid. Hafler made some really decent speakers as well as gear. My oldest brother used to collaborate with David Hafler back in the days when he had a small shop in Pensauken NJ.

Thanks By!

I have been listening to them for a couple of days now and really like them. They have been added to the rotation and will use them for casual listening.

Mr Peabody
05-04-2015, 03:10 PM
I didn't know. They must be pretty good to replace the B&W.

thekid
05-04-2015, 03:50 PM
I didn't know. They must be pretty good to replace the B&W.

I liked the sound of both but have limited space for speakers. Aesthetics played a role in the decision as well. The Hafler cabinets are really nice (even better after a Watco Oil treatment) and they are just nicer looking than the B&W's. Neither pair is going to replace the Von Schweikert's or the LS 3/6's for critical listening.

Hyfi
05-05-2015, 05:28 AM
I liked the sound of both but have limited space for speakers. Aesthetics played a role in the decision as well. The Hafler cabinets are really nice (even better after a Watco Oil treatment) and they are just nicer looking than the B&W's. Neither pair is going to replace the Von Schweikert's or the LS 3/6's for critical listening.

Which VRs do you have, Kid?

thekid
05-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Hyfi

They are VR 2's powered by a Denon POA 2400/PRA 1200 combo. They are my Rock and Classical speakers and the Rogers LS3/6's are for Acoustic and Jazz.

Hyfi
05-06-2015, 04:10 AM
Hyfi

They are VR 2's powered by a Denon POA 2400/PRA 1200 combo. They are my Rock and Classical speakers and the Rogers LS3/6's are for Acoustic and Jazz.

Nice! My Clearfields are very early von Schwiekerts. The VR22s would be their descendants.