SANYO AD 4090 speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : SANYO AD 4090 speakers

escaslo
05-01-2015, 06:10 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm new here. I am looking for a set of speakers (used) for a garage set up. The speakers don't have to be perfect but sound decent. Also not break the bank. I am looking at a set of these speakers and will probably hear them from the seller. Any info on these would be great. Thanks!
D 4090 floor standing speakers
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTMwWDc5OQ==/z/ZPMAAOSwPgxVObao/$_27.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTMwWDc5OQ==/z/8QMAAOSwEeFVObaU/$_27.JPG

Mr Peabody
05-01-2015, 03:56 PM
I'm not familiar with that exact model but Sanyo in general is entry level at best, department store type stuff. They may fit what you need I just wouldn't pay much for them.

escaslo
05-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Thanks, he is asking $45. I'll listen to them before I buy.

Quazimoto
05-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Even for $45 you can get something very decent (depending on where you're located) - as a fellow newbie here I feel a bit silly saying this but you might want to Google stuff before you post about it here. I look at about 100 used speaker listings a day, imagine if I posted a thread about every one I didn't know much about... it would be insane. There are literally thousands, possibly tens of thousands of models of speakers out there - probably Google them before you go asking about every one of those models.

JoeE SP9
06-01-2015, 02:51 PM
A general rule of thumb with speakers is that, while the Japanese manufacturers made some very good electronics (vintage), for the most part their speakers (vintage) were not in the same category. The term "Kabuki" which applies to many vintage Japanese speakers is not a term of endearment. Kabuki usually refers to a lot of speakers in a box with a woofer that's too large and extremely under damped which results in no deep bass. However, if after an audition you like them, well, that's your choice.

Quazimoto
06-04-2015, 04:51 PM
The term "Kabuki" which applies to many vintage Japanese speakers is not a term of endearment.

Anyone know the literal translation?