Spakers for EDM music (House, Techno, Trance, Electro) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Spakers for EDM music (House, Techno, Trance, Electro)

Andrey Sergeev
04-28-2015, 04:53 AM
Hi!
I listen to a lot of electronic dance music (Trance, Techno, House, Electro)...etc
Now I have a pair of Pioneer S-J510 with av reciever Pioneer VSX 528-K. That will be good for games and films, but I would prefer something a little more suited to EDM. These Pioneers have too gentle sound with liqiud bass :nonod:.
So. My main criteria are: detail, enveloping / wide soundstage, and the deepest, tightest bass with accurate PUNCH kick. I have been wanting to try the Klipsch or Magnat speakers. This brands have good recomendations for EDM music.
My budget for speakers is $500 - $1000 and maybe 500-700 for amp.
I need amp suggestions too. I like NAD and Yamaha models.

Mr Peabody
04-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Klipsch play loud but don't typically play low. I agree Pioneer generally doesn't do good bass but have you thought about just adding a sub? NAD may be alright but I don't think yamaha would do it.

Marantz has a full bass sound, Onkyo hits hard but more lean or defined bass. You might give JBL or Cerwin Vega a listen. If you can find something in your budget Vincent Audio would definitely give you bass and I think is just what you need..

JoeE SP9
04-29-2015, 04:29 AM
As Mr. Peabody said, "try adding a subwoofer". That will give you the biggest "boom" for the buck.

DJPantheris
05-05-2015, 04:05 AM
I would also suggest adding a subwoofer. You would get the most boom for your bucks. As far as amps go I would recommend a Rockford fosgate. If you want to listen to EDM then most definitely get a sub.