Vinyl Presses Struggle to Keep up with the Resurgent Demand for Records Read more: [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Presses Struggle to Keep up with the Resurgent Demand for Records Read more:

StevenSurprenant
04-26-2015, 08:56 AM
Vinyl Presses Struggle to Keep up with the Resurgent Demand for Records | Smart News | Smithsonian (http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/old-vinyl-presses-struggle-keep-resurgent-demand-records-180955077/?no-ist)

Mr Peabody
04-26-2015, 07:09 PM
Who knew? Hey, did you get over to Axpona?

StevenSurprenant
04-27-2015, 07:03 AM
Who knew? Hey, did you get over to Axpona?

No I never went.

Actually I've put audio on the back burner for a while. I went all tubes and vinyl and that seems to satisfy my lusts for now. Still, it's waiting there when I get around to it again.

In the meantime, I bought a new motorcycle and that is taking up my time. Let me say something about that... The bike is a Honda CTX700 with a 6 speed automatic transmission that averages about 65mpg. It fits like a glove and is extremely easy to ride in town and can still be used for the long hauls. I have never minded manually changing gears, but this automatic is the cats meow. Anyway, besides that I am having a garage built and a fence put up. Once that is done, I plan on rebuilding my speakers into something more attractive and less boxy looking. Without a place to work, my speakers have been in the development stage for far too long.

I have to say that I do love vinyl.