The Replacements reunion tour: dreams do come true! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Replacements reunion tour: dreams do come true!

Swish
04-21-2015, 08:12 PM
I remember someone posting a question years ago, asking what band you would most like to have a reunion tour. I recall that I mentioned both Pavement and The Replacements.

With that in mind, I saw Pavement at The Mann in Philly on 9/17/2010 and I'm going to see The Replacements in Philly (The Festival Pier at Penn's Landing) on May 9th. It's the final show of their tour and I'm not so sure they'll ever be on the road again, so this is 'bucket list' material for sure.

dean_martin
04-22-2015, 09:54 AM
I remember someone posting a question years ago, asking what band you would most like to have a reunion tour. I recall that I mentioned both Pavement and The Replacements.

With that in mind, I saw Pavement at The Mann in Philly on 9/17/2010 and I'm going to see The Replacements in Philly (The Festival Pier at Penn's Landing) on May 9th. It's the final show of their tour and I'm not so sure they'll ever be on the road again, so this is 'bucket list' material for sure.

Excellent! I love it when bucket list items can be checked off. I'm seeing Beck in Memphis in May. For me, that's a bucket list item. Beck and I passed each other going between main stage and second stage at a Lollapalooza in the 90s, but I missed most of his set. That's when I used to wander around without a plan.

Finch Platte
04-22-2015, 10:56 AM
Do you think they'll be *ahem* celebrating the last show onstage like they used to?

Know wot I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink.

ForeverAutumn
04-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Yeah, it's great to check off those bucketlist bands. I'll be checking off one of my own in September...Rheostatics.

You've likely never heard of them, but they were a staple in the Toronto music scene for 20+ years. Although I'd heard of them of course, I never really got into their music until just before they broke up. They are reuniting in September for three shows to support the Art Gallery of Ontario. There are only 500 tickets per show and we have two of them. :)

Here's a fun little tune with a guest star that you might recognize...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/03M3hXYojqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Finch Platte
04-24-2015, 07:27 AM
Ha haa, there's a picture in the new Rolling Stone of Westerberg performing onstage in a friggin' tent. It says he has back problems, but why a tent, for Buddha's sake?

Finch Platte
05-05-2015, 11:31 PM
There's a big thread over on the Steve Hoffman board about this tour.

Swish
05-12-2015, 04:24 AM
Do you think they'll be *ahem* celebrating the last show onstage like they used to?

Know wot I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink.

No, they did not, but many in the crowd were celebrating throughout the night. Great show though! Superchunk was the second opener and they were really good too, but seeing the Replacements? Priceless.

Finch Platte
05-15-2015, 02:13 PM
No, they did not, but many in the crowd were celebrating throughout the night. Great show though! Superchunk was the second opener and they were really good too, but seeing the Replacements? Priceless.

Can't believe you went to see them instead of Rush!

Swish
05-16-2015, 06:42 AM
If I want to hear the Chipmunks, I'll listen to the real deal instead.

Finch Platte
05-18-2015, 07:32 AM
If I want to hear the Chipmunks, I'll listen to the real deal instead.

Haven't you heard? Geddy's voice is so blown out these days, he sounds like Johnny Cash!