Qieustion on how to connect 5.1.2 to my Yamaha RX-A2040 receiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Qieustion on how to connect 5.1.2 to my Yamaha RX-A2040 receiver

tbnsr
04-19-2015, 03:30 AM
I'm having problems connecting my overhead speakers for dolby atmos. I downloaded the firmware for the dolby atmos. I have the configuration setup with 7 channel + 1 zone.When I try to configure it it doesn't give me the option to have the front presence speakers set to overhead? Any help would be appreciated.

Mr Peabody
04-19-2015, 07:16 AM
This new Atmos I don't know much about but the Yamaha receivers I've helped set up seem to make you choose between a 2nd zone or the extra front high surround. So I suspect you need to go into your set up menu and designate from 2nd zone to whatever the other choice is for surround.

They don't give you enough channels for everything so you have to pick how you want to use the last 2 channels, either 2nd zone or extra surround channels. Yamaha's manuals aren't the easiest to understand but if you aren't able to find this option Yamaha is usually good about answering email inquiries.

tbnsr
04-19-2015, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have tried all of that I will send Yamaha an email.