Noddin's Best of 2014: Empty Hours [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Noddin's Best of 2014: Empty Hours

noddin0ff
04-15-2015, 05:10 AM
This is obviously way slow. 2014 was a rough year for me career-wise, but it all worked out in the end. I didn't get around to even reviewing 2014 until February, and with the forum collapsing and all, I debated even putting one together. But, this keeps me engaged and it's my own personal tradition now. I miss the year end roundups though.

If you want a copy, PM me and let me know how you'd like to receive it.

I'll put in one album plug -- Low Roar - 0
Picked this up and it sat for almost the whole year before I got around to really giving a listen. I was surprised when I finally did. Love it. From Sputnik: "Review Summary: Purely stunning as a musical piece, emotionally cathartic, and perhaps the most impressive album of 2014. (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/63939/Low-Roar-0/)"

Finch Platte
04-15-2015, 07:36 AM
This is obviously way slow. 2014 was a rough year for me career-wise, but it all worked out in the end. I didn't get around to even reviewing 2014 until February, and with the forum collapsing and all, I debated even putting one together. But, this keeps me engaged and it's my own personal tradition now. I miss the year end roundups though.

If you want a copy, PM me and let me know how you'd like to receive it.

I'll put in one album plug -- Low Roar - 0
Picked this up and it sat for almost the whole year before I got around to really giving a listen. I was surprised when I finally did. Love it. From Sputnik: "Review Summary: Purely stunning as a musical piece, emotionally cathartic, and perhaps the most impressive album of 2014. (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/63939/Low-Roar-0/)"

God, I love Fink, what disc is this from? War on Drugs good as well. Defranco and Spoon are scaring me, but I will take a hard copy, thanks! Will pm with my address.

Hyfi
04-15-2015, 07:51 AM
I'll go with a hard copy also and give some of this unknown to me music a listen. I have heard of a few on the list.

PMing my addy

Thanks

Slosh
05-08-2015, 04:48 AM
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

NP: Built To Spill - Untethered Moon

noddin0ff
05-11-2015, 05:08 AM
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Indeed, and in return.

ForeverAutumn
05-11-2015, 02:14 PM
I'm digging that Real Estate album. It was introduced to me by the man formerly known as AudioBill. :)

noddin0ff
05-12-2015, 05:20 AM
Yeah, that one's a real beauty. I tend to play War on Drugs and Real Estate interchangeably. For my tastes, I'd probably give the nod (heh. pun not intended) to WoD.

ForeverAutumn
05-12-2015, 08:17 AM
I've been digging WoD when I hear them on Sirius. The CDs on my Amazon to-do list. I just haven't pulled the plug yet...for no good reason.

Swish
05-16-2015, 06:44 AM
Slosh just LOVES Real Estate. Just ask him lol!

Finch Platte
05-18-2015, 07:30 AM
Slosh just LOVES Real Estate. Just ask him lol!

I tried, but he won't pick up!