Good cologne for men [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good cologne for men

Smokey
04-01-2015, 09:04 PM
I been trying different brand cologne off and on within my budget, and most of them usually end up smelling the same. Or get tired of its aroma and quit using it.

Walgreens store had a %50 off sale a cologne call Halston Z-14, so gave it a try. And smell of it took me by surprise. As oppose to most colognes that have sharp citrus or spicy smell, this cologne have very woodsy and warm smell. And that give its uniqueness.

And the smell seem to get better as it wears off. This a low key cologne, so it is perfect for every occasions, including work place J

2 0z bottle usually run around $20.

http://fimgs.net/images/perfume/nd.3697.jpg

TheHills44060
04-02-2015, 06:44 AM
Never tried that one before. I alternate between Joop! Homme and Gucci Guilty according to where and what type of event I'm going to. Based on your description I'd say the Gucci smells closer to the Halston than Joop.

Hyfi
04-02-2015, 08:41 AM
Why do you feel the need to wear this smelly stuff? It's bad for sinuses and allergies and everyone around you that is forced to smell it. A daily shower may work better :)

JohnMichael
04-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Halston Z-14 was popular back in the 70's and 80's. My regular eau de parfum is Habit Rouge from House Guerlain. Very subtle and remember to only wear enough so that it is only noticed when someone is very close. You should never announce your arrival with a scent or linger long after you are gone. Too much cologne is as offensive as body odor or cigarette smoke.

Hyfi
04-02-2015, 09:02 AM
I just use Irish Spring. Manly yes, but I like it too!

Smokey
04-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Based on your description I'd say the Gucci smells closer to the Halston than Joop.

I seen Gucci at Walgreens also, and it is expensive cologne. From its description, its aroma does sound close to Halston. Dark being one of good description, and manly being the other

Smokey
04-02-2015, 09:51 PM
You should never announce your arrival with a scent or linger long after you are gone. Too much cologne is as offensive as body odor or cigarette smoke.

Teenagers (on a night out) seem to fit into that category than any other age group. Not only splashing too much cologne, their cloths also scream loud of dryer's fabric softner.

Smokey
04-02-2015, 09:51 PM
I just use Irish Spring. Manly yes, but I like it too!

And cheap too :D

Feanor
04-03-2015, 08:51 AM
I don't use cologne, what does that say about me?

I shower with a sandalwood scented soap and I the pre-shave lotion I use before shaving with an electric has some scent too I suppose.

bfalls
04-04-2015, 08:24 AM
Gio Armini Aqua Di is nice and much lighter than the Halston. It's a slightly sweet citrus with woods and grasses. Closer to a lighter English Leather than a Halston.

JohnMichael
04-04-2015, 08:47 AM
Teenagers (on a night out) seem to fit into that category than any other age group. Not only splashing too much cologne, their cloths also scream loud of dryer's fabric softner.

As we age the first sense we lose is the sense of smell. Elderly women and men put on enough so they can smell the scent. Of course that makes is way too strong for the rest of us. Nothing worse than an elderly woman in a small space wearing too much Estee Lauder "Youth Dew".

blackraven
04-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Polo Black and BVGARI, Chrome. My fav was Calvin Klein from the 1980's. They brought it back as a special limited fragrance a few years ago and they could not keep it in stock. I have been wearing cologne since I was a teenager. My father used to wear it and go me started. And I passed that on to my son.

I also have a bottle the Halston. I used to wear Farenheit.

Hyfi
04-05-2015, 03:17 AM
Have you ever been on a plane from Heathrow back to the US after every woman on the plane has sampled the 150 different scents available in the concourse? They should be made to shower before getting on the plane.

Also I find that the men that work in Insurance offices seem to wear way too much of it too. We used to have New York Life on the first floor of our building and you would have to walk through the lobby to the stairs holding your breath.