Estate Sale: BAT, Conrad Johnson, Cary, Magnepan, Threshold, Linn, ARC... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Estate Sale: BAT, Conrad Johnson, Cary, Magnepan, Threshold, Linn, ARC...

topspeed
03-30-2015, 09:31 AM
My former doctor passed away and left behind an entire hi-end store's worth of gear in his house. I'm trying to help the widow make preparations for her move and need to move all of this in one shot. This forum won't allow pdf attachments, so I had to take pics of the list of gear. Sorry for the quality, if you can't read a particular line item, just ask. There will be a companion thread with the final page of the list as only 5 are allowed per post.

Here's the deal; it all has to go in one fell swoop. No cherry picking. This was the list from a few months ago and while I don't believe she's sold anything, I don't know if it's all still there. If there is/are a particular piece(s) that's a deal breaker if gone, let me know and I'll verify. We're trying to make this as easy as possible for the widow which is why it needs to go in one truckload...and I'm talking a big truck. This audiophile never sold ANYTHING.

*Caveat Emptor* I can't attest to everything being operational and don't have the time to test. It's all stacked up in his office waiting for a buyer at this point. He was a doctor and very meticulous, if that means anything at all.

If you've got the time and the space, this is a pretty good opportunity for the right buyer. There are quite a few gems in here. She didn't give me a price, so make an offer and I'll convey it to her. Cash only, buyer to pick up in California, no shipping.

Thanks for your help,
Speedy

blackraven
03-30-2015, 10:16 AM
There is some great equipment there. Amazing!

topspeed
03-30-2015, 02:34 PM
There is some great equipment there. Amazing!

Truth. I already have more gear than places to put it, otherwise I'd be all over some of the more interesting pieces such as the BAT gear, Cary amps, and Mac tuner. You could a lot of fun building a vintage rig with the Threshold and Counterpoint stuff as well. He also has boxes upon boxes of tubes as he loved to roll tubes when playing around.

blackraven
03-30-2015, 03:12 PM
Are there any 12AX7, 6CG7 or 6H30 tubes as I would be interested in buying them.

Find out if there are any of those or the total number of tubes and I may just buy the whole lot of them. If you can get me an inventory and a price I may buy all of them.

PM me TP.