tyler pd 15 vs cornscala type D [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : tyler pd 15 vs cornscala type D

jlvert
03-22-2015, 06:41 PM
Hello everyone,

I've read some older posts about these speakers (Tyler PD-15 vs Crites Cornscala D) just wondering if anyone has any recent experience with them. I like that the Cornscala is more efficient and that it digs a little deeper than the Tyler's but the Tyler's sure are pretty, and I've heard some say smoother? I recently purchased golden ear 7's and they really are great little speakers but I miss that live sound that only efficient speakers seem to be able to give...dynamics I guess. My system consists of an Jolida 1501 and VPI TT.

Mr Peabody
03-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Welcome to AR. I haven't heard the Tyler or the modded Klipsch. I do know what you mean by the Klipsch horns having a certain sound, no matter the fault the fun factor is there. You many want to take a look at Zu Audio, highly efficient and allow for a return if not happy. I found they play louder with no noticeable distortion but the Klipsch may play lower.

Have you tried any of the Golden Ear with built in amplification? The Golden Ear should image much better than the models you are looking at. But I do understand just the same as we all have different taste, we also enjoy different aspects of the musical presentation.