Just Joined! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just Joined!

johnmonnig
03-19-2015, 11:12 AM
Hi all!

I am new to this site. I will probably have so many questions to come sooner or later.
A little info about me....
I am 22 in college living life. I revived my parents old stereo system about a year ago. It is all Fisher Studio Standard including....turntable, stereo amp, AM/FM tuner and a cassette deck. all from 1981 or 82.
I love vinyl I do not even buy CDs anymore unless it is necessary. But I still use CDs for the car and what not. I will use this site to the fullest to figure out what to look for or not. I am glad there is a site like this with people dedicated to helping each other out!

Feanor
03-19-2015, 02:09 PM
Hi all!

I am new to this site. I will probably have so many questions to come sooner or later.
A little info about me....
I am 22 in college living life. I revived my parents old stereo system about a year ago. It is all Fisher Studio Standard including....turntable, stereo amp, AM/FM tuner and a cassette deck. all from 1981 or 82.
I love vinyl I do not even buy CDs anymore unless it is necessary. But I still use CDs for the car and what not. I will use this site to the fullest to figure out what to look for or not. I am glad there is a site like this with people dedicated to helping each other out!

Welcome to AR Forums, John.

Ah! The '70s and early '80 were the heyday of home stereo. I particularly loved the "silver" components vs. the black that came in the '80s.

Does your Fisher receiver look anything like this one?

http://vintageelectronics.betamaxcollectors.com/images/fisherstereoreceivermodelrs-2004_2.jpg

Mr Peabody
03-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Welcome to AR. If you want your vinyl to keep sounding good keep it clean and replace it in the sleeve/cover when you are done.