digital clock for stereo rack [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : digital clock for stereo rack

ken_p_young
04-27-2004, 11:15 AM
I have removed my VCR from my stereo rack and now I do not have a clock to check time. Does anyone make a digital clock whick looks like a component piece of stereo equipment? Maybe with larger numbers than was on the VCR. I want something fairly basic.

Jack
04-27-2004, 12:49 PM
I don't know if they still make them or not, but on Ebay you can find a used audio "timer" which functions as a clock and will also allow you to use your system as an alarm clock or to shut off automatically (sleep timer) at night. There are different brands available (Pioneer seems to have the most out there), in silver or black. I have a silver Pioneer timer used in my vintage Pioneer bedroom setup and a black Yamaha in my Sunfire/NAD system. Each matches the color of my components nicely. I only use mine as a clock, not a timer. They are generally about 17 inches wide (some are narrower and boxier) and 3 - 4 inches high. Both of mine are only about 5 - 6 inches deep, so they are not the size of a normal piece of equipment, but look nice IMO. I believe they were originally meant for use with a cassette deck (I could be and probably am wrong about this and if so, please correct me). So, to make a short story long, check ebay for these timers and take your time as the prices fluctuate anywhere from $10 to $65 depending on model, condition, demand, etc (I saved $31 by passing on an auction I thought was getting a little pricey, and bidding on a different auction of the exact model, same condition 2 days later). Sorry this post turned out to be so long and I hope this helps....Jack

ken_p_young
04-29-2004, 12:00 PM
I followed your advise and looked on e-bay. I ended up buying a Pioneer DT-560. This was just what I was looking for. THANKS!!!

Jack
04-29-2004, 06:38 PM
It's nice to finally help someone else, it seems it's always me asking the questions and/or looking for advice. Glad I could help....Jack