Speakers of unkown origin [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speakers of unkown origin

BUD
03-09-2015, 08:39 AM
Hello everyone, I am new to your site and I have a question.
I have a pair of speakers I have had for probably 30 years and
they sound great, very rich and full. The only identification is a
small badge on the grills that reads Heritage Speaker System.
They have a 12" (2) 5" mid and a 4" hi. they are16" wide and
29" tall. They have a reset built in. Brown grills and a walnut
finish. Any ideas what these are? Thanks, Bud

Hyfi
03-09-2015, 08:44 AM
A picture might help but they could be Klipsh

Billiam62
03-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Yeah, that is Klipsch. Probably the Heresy's. I owned those for about a decade from 1983 to 1992.

bfalls
03-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Are the 4" and 5" horns? The Heresy has a 12" woofer, 1" compression tweeter and 1.75" compression mid, but the specs don't mention the size of the driver's horns.

Billiam62
03-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Are the 4" and 5" horns? The Heresy has a 12" woofer, 1" compression tweeter and 1.75" compression mid, but the specs don't mention the size of the driver's horns.

Can't remember. Too long ago. Bright sounding speaker though due to the horn.

Harybald
03-16-2015, 03:09 AM
I still have not gotten around to buying another pair of speakers yet thanks to spending thousands on car repairs and also losing a lot of money in lost wages due to the downtime from the car repairs. In light of this, I am thinking that spending $200 to $300 on a DIY kit may result in a better listening experience than I can get for the same price in a pair of commercial speakers. They claim that even these basic kits will sound like a commercial pair of speakers costing two to three times the cost of the kit.

Billiam62
03-17-2015, 02:41 AM
I still have not gotten around to buying another pair of speakers yet thanks to spending thousands on car repairs and also losing a lot of money in lost wages due to the downtime from the car repairs. In light of this, I am thinking that spending $200 to $300 on a DIY kit may result in a better listening experience than I can get for the same price in a pair of commercial speakers. They claim that even these basic kits will sound like a commercial pair of speakers costing two to three times the cost of the kit.

Looks like a copy of a post I made. :-) Found a kit I plan to purchase later this year and then build. But right now shopping for a pair of commercial grade speakers as well since I will have two stereo systems for two separate rooms.

Back to the Heresy's. Bud. If you use them be aware they are a bright sounding speaker and placement is difficult to get them to sound right.