lol [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : lol

Finch Platte
02-26-2015, 04:28 PM
I posted a thread over on the Steve Hoffman music board. After 7 minutes, it was already 20 threads down! The participation there is phenomenal.

Hyfi
02-27-2015, 05:12 AM
What do you expect on a board with 5 people who still post? And only 3 of them like Prog :)

I am enjoying much of the last package. The Rione Stolt is as good as Transatlantic.

dean_martin
02-27-2015, 10:27 AM
What do you expect on a board with 5 people who still post? And only 3 of them like Prog :)

I am enjoying much of the last package. The Rione Stolt is as good as Transatlantic.

Sh*t! I gotta find another site for new music recommendations. I'm not into prog - maybe one day, but not now.

I just finished going through most of my original film score cds/lps I accumulated in the 90s during the resurgence of exotica/lounge music and put together a 20-track playlist of well-crafted compositions and psychedelic oddities, mostly from Germany and Italy with some Elmer Bernstein film music thrown in for good measure. To compliment this, I listen to a handful of tracks from the two-cd set The Exotic Moods of Les Baxter. I'll tire of this soon enough and then where do I go? I don't think I'll find any hints here.

Anyone know where Davey/dbi posts now?

Finch Platte
02-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Sh*t! I gotta find another site for new music recommendations. I'm not into prog - maybe one day, but not now.

I just finished going through most of my original film score cds/lps I accumulated in the 90s during the resurgence of exotica/lounge music and put together a 20-track playlist of well-crafted compositions and psychedelic oddities, mostly from Germany and Italy with some Elmer Bernstein film music thrown in for good measure. To compliment this, I listen to a handful of tracks from the two-cd set The Exotic Moods of Les Baxter. I'll tire of this soon enough and then where do I go? I don't think I'll find any hints here.

Anyone know where Davey/dbi posts now?

Not sure where Davey posts, but check out Hoffman's site. It is NOT a prog site. They get hundreds of posts daily, about any group you can imagine.

dean_martin
02-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Not sure where Davey posts, but check out Hoffman's site. It is NOT a prog site. They get hundreds of posts daily, about any group you can imagine.

Thanks, FP. I'll check out the Hoffman site as soon as I'm done b*tchin' 'bout the demise of this place. I've nothing against prog. In fact, I've picked up on a couple artists/bands mentioned here that I may check out one day.

Mr Peabody
02-28-2015, 03:50 PM
It would be nice if we had more traffic but some of the websites have too much traffic for me, I don't want to post and then have to read through 50 responses. Then again, I suppose if they were informational and kept my attention.......