A prog covers thread [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A prog covers thread

Finch Platte
02-25-2015, 03:54 PM
Man, I loves me some cover toons. In the last couple of days, I've picked up 2 cds that cover Genesis and Yes. Fun listening

Today I found the Genesis one, Supper's Ready, with these bands: Cairo, Magellan, Annie Haslam, Pete Bardens, Crack The Sky, John Goodsall w/ Michael Zentner, and others.

I'll post some of the Yes highlights when I get home.

How about you? Found anything good, cover-wise? Oh, yeah, I also have that Rush cover cd, Working Man.

MasterCylinder
02-26-2015, 05:04 AM
There was a Dream Theater release in 2009 called BLACK CLOUDS AND SILVER LININGS...............they had a third disc of cover tunes that they did of other people.
It was really well-done.............

1. "Stargazer" Ronnie James Dio, Ritchie Blackmore Rainbow 8:10
2. "Tenement Funster"/"Flick of the Wrist"/"Lily of the Valley" Roger Taylor
Freddie Mercury Queen 8:17
3. "Odyssey" Steve Morse Dixie Dregs 7:59
4. "Take Your Fingers From My Hair" Randy Jackson Zebra 8:18
5. "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two" Robert Fripp King Crimson 6:30
6. "To Tame a Land" Steve Harris Iron Maiden 7:15

Total length:
46:29

Also included in the three disc special edition are instrumental tracks of the songs. All tracks have been altered from their original versions.[25]

Finch Platte
02-27-2015, 03:26 AM
There was a Dream Theater release in 2009 called BLACK CLOUDS AND SILVER LININGS...............they had a third disc of cover tunes that they did of other people.
It was really well-done.............

1. "Stargazer" Ronnie James Dio, Ritchie Blackmore Rainbow 8:10
2. "Tenement Funster"/"Flick of the Wrist"/"Lily of the Valley" Roger Taylor
Freddie Mercury Queen 8:17
3. "Odyssey" Steve Morse Dixie Dregs 7:59
4. "Take Your Fingers From My Hair" Randy Jackson Zebra 8:18
5. "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two" Robert Fripp King Crimson 6:30
6. "To Tame a Land" Steve Harris Iron Maiden 7:15

Total length:
46:29

Also included in the three disc special edition are instrumental tracks of the songs. All tracks have been altered from their original versions.[25]

Good pick, I'm pretty sure I have this on a hard drive somewhere, I'll have to dig it out. They also did A Change Of Seasons, of course, with The Big Medley and other not so proggy covers.