Edge of Tomorrow: Sub Bully [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Edge of Tomorrow: Sub Bully

bfalls
02-09-2015, 01:25 PM
I've read on other Forums the beginning scene of this movie on Blu-Ray is a subwoofer destroyer. I played it on my system (at reduced volume, I'm not stupid) and I can see where this would tax lesser subs. There are three or four really low long tones that rattle the room. Low enough I think Bose bass modules are safe, but loud enough middle of the road subs could blow a speaker.

I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan, but this movie's plot and execution is better than average. Of course Tom gets to run a lot as he has in almost every movie he's been in since Mission Impossible.

Worf101
02-10-2015, 07:25 AM
"The Edge of Tomorrow" - Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Funny as hell, and I think they meant it to be. Generic aliens from fill in the blank aliens but that's a small quibble. "Groundhog Day" with plenty of guns explosions and violence. The idea of a human reset button was cool, but I think the physics were pure fantasy. Still to see Tom Cruise (that CAN'T be his real name) killed over and over again in gruesome and gory ways was fun as hell. I also loved the way he screamed like a little girl while getting squashed, mangled, beaten, shot to the head (over and over) and otherwise "blowed up real good". It was a hoot!!

Worf

recoveryone
02-11-2015, 07:26 PM
The ending should have had him call her by her middle name then walk away.

Hairsonfire
03-12-2015, 09:49 AM
Lol - Bose bass modules - Lol - what a crappy product!