Burn-In CDs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Burn-In CDs

Cody@TARA
02-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Anybody here using using them with their systems?

(For those who don't know: the theory is that the disc signals demagnetize the circuits inside your components, resulting in a more coherent and extended high frequency reproduction without the glare.)

Mr Peabody
02-03-2015, 05:11 PM
I've never used one. I've seen those you can even use on gear that's already broke in, sort of like a tuning thing. I'd be interested in knowing if they work. I can definitely hear glare in some systems, I tend to call it noise because some of it can be removed when adding a AC filter device, whether after market cord or outlet type device with filtering. I just really have doubts as to whether sound can do anything to your system's reproduction quality. But, who know a power cord would make a difference.

What makes me buy products like this is if I take them out of my system and I can't live, or tolerate, the downgrade from not having it in there.

Cody@TARA
02-04-2015, 12:15 PM
I've never used one. I've seen those you can even use on gear that's already broke in, sort of like a tuning thing. I'd be interested in knowing if they work. I can definitely hear glare in some systems, I tend to call it noise because some of it can be removed when adding a AC filter device, whether after market cord or outlet type device with filtering. I just really have doubts as to whether sound can do anything to your system's reproduction quality. But, who know a power cord would make a difference.

What makes me buy products like this is if I take them out of my system and I can't live, or tolerate, the downgrade from not having it in there.

If you wanted to try one out, you're welcome to try TARA Labs' (100% free) Burn-in CD. If you google "Cascade Burn-In" it should be the first result.

I'm not trying to push their products; TARA Labs doesn't sell any other kind of Burn-In CD.

JoeE SP9
02-04-2015, 01:54 PM
I'm going to download the file and burn a CD. The worst that can happen is that it's ineffective.