subwoofer to match Paradigm Titans [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : subwoofer to match Paradigm Titans

Lafferman
04-26-2004, 07:37 PM
HI i'm new to the forum and have just bought some Paradigm Titans for my fronts in my apartment. i'm now looking for a sub on a budget of about $500 i have been looking at the recomended ones by Paradigm(PDR-10 and PDR-12). i was just wanting some opinions on these i think i would want the bigger because i want more range. i also looked at the PS series of Paradigm and also wondering if SVS had any subs that were in that price would they be to much for the Titans to handle. I don't want to have all bass and nothing else. the room it will fill is a medium size(apartment living/dinning/kitchen room). thanks for any input.

N. Abstentia
04-26-2004, 07:51 PM
The Paradigm subs are a fine choice, but I would look towards HSU or SVS in that price range. If you were looking into spending $1400 or so I would say definity stay with Paradigm and get the Servo 15, as I've heard nothing better for even triple the price.

But for $500, give HSU a look. You won't get anything that overpowers the Titans, that's what the level control is for.

Bryan
04-27-2004, 05:05 AM
In the $500 range the HSU VTF-2 or Adire Audio Rava would be the way to go, IMO. If you have something other than your primary receiver to power it with look into a passive sub, such as the VMPS New Original Subwoofer (http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?homesubw&1086627129) or SVS 25-31CS+.

Lafferman
04-27-2004, 05:34 AM
I think i will look into that HSU. when i got to thinking about getting the subwoofer more seriously i was kinda thinking that it probably wasn't all that important to stay with the same brand as it would be with like the fronts and center channel. and since I love deep acurate bass i want the best i can get for as much as I can spend. Does HSU have stores around the US I'm in the Lincoln/Omaha Nebraska area or in the Asheville North Carolina area. I'll try looking on there website to see. thanks for all the help

N. Abstentia
04-27-2004, 02:04 PM
They sell online only, that's their only drawback. But they do give you a trial period, you just have to eat the shipping if you send it back.

Lafferman
04-28-2004, 02:54 PM
i've been doing more reading on the VTF-2 and it looks really sweet. Now comes the saving part i should be able to order one in about a month. i really liked the different options it has on it with the output mode and the extension mode(i'm a college kid i like to watch HT with lots of extension but when the friends come over and it's time to party i could make it have higher output!!). anyway when i finally get it i'll post how i like it. thanks again for all the advice.