Windows 8 and Sony KDL47W802a issues [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 and Sony KDL47W802a issues

pajr2179
01-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Hello all,

I am hoping someone more technical than myself can help troubleshoot an issue. Here is the background: I had Windows 7 Professional with Comcast for internet. The comcast router was in a bedroom. I have a router that I use as an extender with my home theater. I was able access photos and music from my pc on my TV and everything worked great. Now, I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and switched to FIOS. I cannot figure out what went wrong, but now my Sony TV can no longer access my computer. My PC also tells me that I am not connected to a "network." I thought FIOS was the network. And, the name of my PC shows as a network location, but it says I cannot access it and that I need permission from the owner of the PC? I am the owner. I am completely lost. Sony and Microsoft have not been real helpful. Any ideas? This has been driving me nuts for three days.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Pete

Jack in Wilmington
01-02-2015, 06:10 AM
I use Verizon's online chat to solve any problems I have with FIOS. You get to have a 2 way conversation with a tech by typing questions and answers back and forth. This way you don't have to worry about not understanding the tech if there is a language problem. They can take control of your computer remotely if they need to. It's solved any issue that I've had with them.