sanyo dca 611 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : sanyo dca 611

uncooked
04-26-2004, 06:36 PM
i didnt get anything out of the amp section, more people here so hopefully someone will know of it.

i was at a local swap meet and i bought a sanyo dca 611 and a matching sanyo tuner. i cant find much info on the net other then some small facts one said it was 280 watts ! anybody know if thats true?

i did find a dca 311 i guess 2 or 3 models below this one and they wanted 180 bucks for it. and they kept referring to it as "audiophile quility"

this one doesnt seem to be working right now, the lights all work but i cant get it to play anything, atleast with 10 minutes of playing with it. the tuner seems to work great though and it looks awsome.

just wondering if any of you know anything about this unit? and what must likely would be wrong with it, i have to point out that the fuse on the back has a crack in the plastic on it so my guess would be that.... i got it really really cheap so i wouldnt mind putting some money into and get it working. even more if that 280 watt thing is true that would be awsome.

uncooked
04-28-2004, 06:29 PM
does anybody know absolutely anything on this or any other sanyo around 1979 - 80.

Smokey
04-29-2004, 03:31 PM
This forum is dedicated to vintage gear. You might have some luck here :)

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=13

uncooked
04-29-2004, 04:01 PM
thankyou! i ll try it out right now.

Globe199
05-24-2004, 09:56 PM
I have two DCA 611 amps. (Just got the second one on ebay for $61.)

It's true, 280w (140w/channel). It sounds absolutely great, very powerful. I have an EQ running through mine to boost everything. Totally awesome amp. They don't make them like this anymore. This era was probably the peak of consumer-grade audio gear!

Globe199

uncooked
05-25-2004, 07:14 AM
the wattage meter only goes up to 60 though, is yours like that to?

Globe199
05-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Yes, the VU metre goes to 60w -- but that's per 8 ohms (each speaker is 8 ohms). I don't doubt that you could easily bury the needle if you cranked it up all the way.

Remember, it's 280w only at full power.

By the way, where did you see the date label on yours (I saw you said that on a different forum)? Neither of mine have a date on them.

Also, what is your serial number? Maybe I can figure out when mine were made based on your S/N. Thanks. :)

Globe199

uncooked
05-25-2004, 03:36 PM
there was a small label on the back of my dca 611K tuner, but since there a set i thought they must be around the same year as each other.

the model is 0903 0824

mine is still not working ive had it opened up for a couple of days and have gone over all the wires and there all hooked up, but still no sound. i think im going to go to a audio store and get a check done there like 10 bucks and they will tell me whats wrong.

also whats the GND on the back? its not connected to anything inside. is it just the ground. im just making sure that mine is not missing something.

Globe199
05-25-2004, 07:43 PM
The ground terminal is for a turntable. It's just a screw that's attached to the case of the unit.

You should get yours fixed! It sounds great (especially when you live somewhere you can crank your music....unlike me, who lives in a wooden apartment building :( )

Globe199

uncooked
05-26-2004, 08:32 PM
im taking it in this week to a audio shop, there going to run a estimate on it and tell me whats wrong. then if its cheap i ll get them to do it right then. if its more i will research it more and see if i can do it myself or get it cheaper, if not i ll start saving up. I really like the look of the 611 set the tuner on the bottom and the amp on the top looks awsome. so it would be great to get it running.

uncooked
06-19-2004, 12:29 AM
well FINALLY got it up and running "somewhat" something to do with the voltage in my house..... so basically it only turns on at night or in the morning, if i want to listen to it during the day i have to just leave it on. ive done that a few times now.

i must agree it sounds awsome. very very powerful, i have them hooked up to some 3 way speakers, 8 inch woofs, 4 inch mids and 3 inch tweeters. and it goes LOUD.

2 lights in the matching tuner are burnt out, so im going to open her up tommo and see what i can get. im thinking i might buy 4 lights and get a cool colour like red or blue. and use them in the amps wattage meters. Im thinking red might look awsome, matching red for the tuner as well. might look real nice. i ll get pics if i can find some useable lights.

oldschoolchicken
09-13-2004, 02:02 PM
I found a Sanyo DCA 611 at an auction a few years ago, but it wasn't until recently that I made it my bed room stereo. It needed a new speaker relay, but after that, it sounded great. I've attached it to a pair of Energy C1 speakers, and a Clairtone CLDVD203T DVD for my Cds. Looks and sounds awesome. I'd be interested to see your pics if you do change the lights on your unit.

As well, i'm not an audiophile or anything, and I was wondering, the DCA in the model name, doesn't refer to DC output or something does it?

uncooked
09-13-2004, 03:04 PM
well i decided just to go with the plain white lights,

speaker relay was the problem in your to huh, mines still got the problem but i havent listened to that amp in about a month. becuase i have to pull a all nighter just to listen to it. im going to have to phone around and see how much it will cost.

what happened to me is mine was dead, i took it into a shop and got a phone call saying "this thing works perfectly" so i went there and he had it playing i was embarassed becuase i thought i probably had it hooked up wrong, took it home and still no go. went back and forth 3 times, until i did voltage readings, my house is 112 - 114 volts in the day and the relay kicks in around 115. so at about 2 in the morning the voltage is at 115 - 116 in my house. so the relay is working its just worn out.

good amp tho, plays really loud.