Vintage AKAI SR-LA501's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Vintage AKAI SR-LA501's

MrB
12-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Afternoon Gang. Just found and joined your forum. I've recently come out ! Yes, you guessed it, I'm an audiophile who's downsizing and to old to give a *#*#, lol. I'm selling my AKAI LA501's, and switching to Bose. The 501's have 15"woofer, 4"mids,3"tweets, and 2"super tweets, and will handle 160w. Would anyone happen to know someone who might need, or want them ? I'm getting a little long in the tooth, they're heavy, and have given my son all my vinyl and Technics Direct drive. (Amp took a dump after 30yrs)

I think I might have made a terrible mistake, lol. Just hope he takes care of it all and passes it down like he says he will. With all this new technology it's all smaller and lighter, and sounds great !! Hell, I've even got SeriusXM !!! I'll probably miss the static, changing and cleaning discs, looking for just the right stylus, Sunday morning breakfast with the EAGLES, yelling at the grand kids to stay the hell out of those cabinets!! etc.lol, but I guess it's time. So, if any one wants 'em, shoot me an email, and glad to be here. Hope I get to know you all. ( except the # -holes) lol.

sanamgulzar
01-28-2015, 10:48 PM
I'm getting a little long in the tooth, they're heavy, and have given my son all my vinyl and Technics Direct drive.

Mr Peabody
01-30-2015, 06:07 AM
Welcome to the forums. Speakers that large you may have better luck locally using Craigslist. Now that LP's have made a bit of a comeback I bet your son was happy to get yours.

ookooma
02-25-2015, 08:50 PM
comeback I bet your son was happy to get yours.