"Snowpiercer" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "Snowpiercer"

Worf101
12-26-2014, 10:29 AM
"Snowpiercer" - Solid B - An interesting movie that surprised me at EVERY turn. Just when you thought it was heading in one predictable direction it would suddenly take a twist and not just for twists sake either. I did not read the Graphic Novels on which it was based but I think I will now. Welll done.

Worf

Hairsonfire
12-30-2014, 09:59 AM
Worf - I just could not get into this movie and I tried three different times. The first time it was about fifteen minutes in and I just could not suspend disbelief. However, it was very highly regarded and received excellent reviews on Rotten Tomatoes so I tried twice more . . . nope - even made it halfway and just could not make it happen. Sort of like the Transformer movies - just can't! Oh well.

Worf101
12-31-2014, 04:37 PM
Worf - I just could not get into this movie and I tried three different times. The first time it was about fifteen minutes in and I just could not suspend disbelief. However, it was very highly regarded and received excellent reviews on Rotten Tomatoes so I tried twice more . . . nope - even made it halfway and just could not make it happen. Sort of like the Transformer movies - just can't! Oh well.

Well as Daddy used to say....

Nuthin' beats a failure but a good try!"

Worf

noddin0ff
01-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Well as Daddy used to say....

Nuthin' beats a failure but a good try!"

Worf

I like that. Gonna have to try it on my kid.

bfalls
01-07-2015, 06:03 AM

I agree about the substance of Transformers, but you have to love the sound. Saw the last on Blu-Ray/Atmos but on a 7.1 system. My sub has never worked so hard, but it was good quality not just bass. Good balance, good effects, interesting content (sound content). Mark Walberg's character was definitely superficial.