Hello from TARA Labs in Oregon! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello from TARA Labs in Oregon!

Cody@TARA
12-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Hello!

New audiophile in the forums here. Just happen to be an employee of TARA Labs; I'm not trying to promote anything http://audioshark.org/forumexcellence/images/smilies/smile.png

It's been cold and rainy up here in Ashland, Oregon lately...

Hope you're all having a great day!

blackraven
12-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Welcome to AR. Things have been slow around here for a while do to problems with the web site but they have been fixed.

Tell us about your gear.

I use a pair of Tara Labs IC's in one of my systems.

Jack in Wilmington
12-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Welcome Cody. I too am using Tara Lab cables. I have Prism Omni ST Bi Wire cables connecting my Usher X719's to my HT receiver.

Mr Peabody
12-19-2014, 06:32 AM
Hi, welcome to AR. It's nice to have members who are in the industry.

Hyfi
12-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Hi again Cody, Shadowfax from Audio Shark.

I am using Prism Speaker cables and several oder ICs such as Original-S, Quantum 66, Prism ICs and a few others.

Cody@TARA
12-19-2014, 01:17 PM
I use a pair of Tara Labs IC's in one of my systems.

Thanks for the welcome! Which interconnects are you using?

I'm going to try to get some photos of my setup up asap

Cody@TARA
12-19-2014, 01:19 PM
Welcome Cody. I too am using Tara Lab cables. I have Prism Omni ST Bi Wire cables connecting my Usher X719's to my HT receiver.

I used to personally own Usher X719s back in the mid-2000s. I remember that I bought them after being intrigued by a review in Stereophile magazine. I definitely miss them sometimes; the bass was unreal. How do you like them with the Prism Bi Wire?

Cody@TARA
12-19-2014, 01:19 PM
Hi again Cody, Shadowfax from Audio Shark.

I am using Prism Speaker cables and several oder ICs such as Original-S, Quantum 66, Prism ICs and a few others.

Hello, I also saw your post on AudioShark. Wow, that's quite a collection. I hope they're still performing well for you!

Cody@TARA
12-19-2014, 01:34 PM
BTW, thanks all for the friendly welcome! :)

blackraven
12-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Which interconnects are you using?

I'm going to try to get some photos of my setup up asap

I have a pair of older RSC's with green locking RCA connectors. They were one of the lower priced models. I can't remember which one exactly. I use them in a secondary system. My main system uses Cardas Parsec XLR's.

Jack in Wilmington
12-19-2014, 06:30 PM
They really started to shine when I upgraded to the Tara Labs cables. I had previously tried Straight Wire Quartet. From time to time I'll hook the Ushers up to my 2 channel rig for a change of pace. They do have a nice bass response for a monitor.

Cody@TARA
12-23-2014, 08:15 AM
I have a pair of older RSC's with green locking RCA connectors. They were one of the lower priced models. I can't remember which one exactly. I use them in a secondary system. My main system uses Cardas Parsec XLR's.

Hey, two Oregon companies! Cardas does make some wonderful cables as well. Not to familiar with their Parsecs, but I have tried their Quadlinks on a few occaisions.

Cody@TARA
12-23-2014, 08:16 AM
They really started to shine when I upgraded to the Tara Labs cables. I had previously tried Straight Wire Quartet. From time to time I'll hook the Ushers up to my 2 channel rig for a change of pace. They do have a nice bass response for a monitor.

I wish that I had played around with better cables more when I owned them. It was before I worked for TARA Labs, and before I knew about the value that cables offer. I placed to much blame on the speakers themselves for not producing the exact sound I was looking for. Glad to hear that the Prism BiWire works well with them!

blackraven
12-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Cody, are you involved in R&D at TL's?

Glen B
12-26-2014, 05:35 PM
Hello!

New audiophile in the forums here. Just happen to be an employee of TARA Labs; I'm not trying to promote anything http://audioshark.org/forumexcellence/images/smilies/smile.png

It's been cold and rainy up here in Ashland, Oregon lately...

Hope you're all having a great day!

You're not alone. There's a handful of audio designers and manufacturers (John Curl, Nelson Pass, Charles Hansen of Ayre, Victor Khomenko of BAT, and Ralph Karsten of Atma-Sphere Music Systems) who actively participate in audio forums like AR