Any Jason Isbell fans here? Don't hear much about him (or anyone else since this... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any Jason Isbell fans here? Don't hear much about him (or anyone else since this...

Swish
11-26-2014, 12:10 PM
...place is nearly dead), but he's become one of my favorite Alt Country artists. If you weren't aware, he was with The Drive By Truckers for about 6 years, leaving them @ 2007, and has been solo since, using Muscle Shoals musicians for his band called The 400 Unit (named after a psych ward at hospital in Alabama).

Anyway, we have tickets to see him in February, and it should be a great show. Here's a fan favorite called Cover Me Up, from a live performance at ACL.

Jason Isbell on Austin City Limits "Cover Me Up" - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NaUCDqWzy1k)

Finch Platte
11-26-2014, 02:51 PM
Swish-baby, I have a couple of CDs by the guy, and they are a little laid-back for me. Wasn't a big fan of DBT, either, even though they have all the elements of a band I SHOULD like. Too Stones-like, I think.

Just read an article on JI, will try to dig it up and post a link.

Finch Platte
11-29-2014, 02:13 PM
There's a HUGE thread over at Obner.orgy about him.