Who would you go see, Willie or Merle? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who would you go see, Willie or Merle?

Finch Platte
11-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Willie Nelson. Merle Haggard. They are both coming to my town. I have doubts about seeing Willie because he plays the same old crap, i.e. On the Road Again, Mama DLYBGUTBC, ad nauseum. He seems to release three albums a year, but never plays anything new in concert. Plus his Family band is a bunch of old f:ucks.

On the other hand, Merle Haggard is also a legend, and by the looks of him, I would imagine he doesn't have too many performing years left. Lots of classic tunes that I'm not tired of, too.

I think I just answered my own question. Thanks, RR!

ForeverAutumn
11-20-2014, 04:56 PM
Glad I could help. :)

Jack in Wilmington
11-20-2014, 05:42 PM
I wouldn't go to a Willie Nelson concert if you gave me tickets. Just don't like his music.

Finch Platte
11-21-2014, 03:56 AM
I wouldn't go to a Willie Nelson concert if you gave me tickets. Just don't like his music.

Aw crap, and I already mailed the tickets! :(

MasterCylinder
11-21-2014, 05:03 AM
I appreciate both but not enough to get off my a$$ to go see.....................

Worf101
11-21-2014, 06:39 PM
I'd go see Willie. I think he's a great song writer and cool as the wrong side of the pillow. Also he could use the duckets. Any man that has the onions to smoke weed in the White House is cool wit moi.

Worf

unleasHell
11-23-2014, 10:14 PM
(sorry but this NEVER gets old):

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.”

―Bob Newhart