Carver and Emotiva to join [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Carver and Emotiva to join

harley .guy07
11-18-2014, 08:13 AM
I have read online that "Jade" which owns Emotiva has acquired Carver as well and Bob Carver will start working with emotive as well as Carver on future projects. Another bit of information that was kind of a shock to me is that Emotiva's newest preamp processor

Emotiva (http://emotiva.com/products/pres-and-pros/xmc-1)

Is now to be built in the USA (Tennessee)

This is very interesting to me in that it has always seemed that Emotiva was the king of "made in China" but maybe this is Emotiva's way of trying to improve their reputation since I have seen some people complain of quality and warranty service problems with their gear over the last few years. So we shall see if the new processor made here in the US will be any better in this fact. I do know from my reading is that this facility in Tennessee is new and the new pre/pro is the first and only product made there so far.

TheHills44060
11-18-2014, 10:37 AM
Wasn't Carver going to build some tube amps for Emotiva and the whole relationship went sour a while ago? Interesting that he will be back in the picture. Regardless, Emotiva amps could be built on Neptune from Unobtainium and I still wouldn't buy one.

frenchmon
11-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Yeah, that was old news...so they are back at it?

harley .guy07
11-19-2014, 06:57 AM
I am thinking so because unless I am wrong the news I read was quite new. I think Bob will be working helping design new Carver and Emotiva gear but then again I could be wrong

Mr Peabody
11-22-2014, 12:51 PM
I'll have to look around, the Emo/Carver thing was old news and already fell apart. It would be interesting if they are trying it again. My personal opinion, Carver's track record on longevity and reliability is as bad as Emo's, so is this good news..... What would be exciting is if Emo contracted with some one like John Curl or Pass but both of these seem to be doing very well on their own so I don't know what the incentive would be.

inayamike
01-13-2015, 09:21 PM
Emotiva and the whole relationship went sour a while ago?