Is hard winter ahead [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is hard winter ahead

Smokey
11-17-2014, 12:19 AM
Since we had coolest summer on record this year, I was wondering how winter will shape up. So far if it is any indication, we are headed for a hard winter.

In southern US where I live, we don't see chill of winter untill late december. But right now it is in middle of november and we already have two record breaking snow accumulation (less than 1 inch) on the record. And still over a month away from winter season.

I am not ready to dress like Eskimos yet :D

http://slowbuddy.com/wp-content/gallery/winter-wallpapers/winter_by_marquis73.jpg

Feanor
11-17-2014, 11:06 AM
The area of southern Ontario where I live is basically surrounded by the Great Lakes; thanks to the very cold winter last year and coolish summer this year, the lake waters are relatively cold and a cold winter is predicted for us.

dean_martin
11-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Generally, we don't get temps in the 20s (F) until Jan and Feb. We're supposed to get into the 20s tonight and tomorrow night. That's just crazy for here.

ForeverAutumn
11-17-2014, 07:45 PM
Well, we had about 4 inches of snow today. The high temperature for tomorrow is forecasted at -4C (25F). So I'd say that winter has arrived here in Toronto. I'm okay with the cold weather, it's the snow that I don't like.

We had a terrible winter last year with record breaking snow falls and an ice storm that crippled the city with power outages that lasted a week in some places (we were lucky to only be out for 48 hours). I can't imagine how this winter could be worse than last year...and I don't want to find out!

TheHills44060
11-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Had 6 inches of snow here yesterday. I don't like the cold weather and I'm with you FA I definitely don't like snow at all.

hanifnoor
11-19-2014, 04:44 AM
due to the different locations of each eye in the head, the brain resolves the binocular disparities in the image to generate the perception of depth.

TheHills44060
11-19-2014, 05:29 AM
due to the different locations of each eye in the head, the brain resolves the binocular disparities in the image to generate the perception of depth.
That's only true for speakers with passive radiators or aperiodic ports. Sealed, bandpass and transmission designs are not affected by eyeball location :-)

Hyfi
11-19-2014, 06:36 AM
We got a little snow last week, but today we rivaled a record low from 1936

ForeverAutumn
11-20-2014, 05:02 PM
We had some very slippery snow conditions for the rush hour drive home yesterday. My 20 minute drive took over an hour. But we're less than two hours from Buffalo so I don't feel like I have the right to complain right now.

It's supposed to reach 7C on the weekend. All my neighbours were out shovelling their driveways this morning. We're just going to leave ours. It'll all be melted in less than 48 hours. :)