Fury [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fury

Worf101
11-11-2014, 12:08 PM
"Fury" - Sorry as a Vet I just couldn't get past the opening premise. You've a combat tank crew that have somehow managed to survive in inferior American Armor from Kasserine Pass to western Germany and they're going to put their lives in the hands of a clerk typist? Unbelievable I just can't buy the premise. They got away with it in SPR because the guy had a particular skill needed to finish the mission... translator I believe. This kid brings nothing, knows nothing... has nothing.

They're standing in the Repl Depot surrounded by infantry SOMEONE has to be a .30 cal gunner!!!! But no we have to have the tired tale of callow youth turned into "first class fightin' man" through beatings, brutality, sex and murder. This is not Bastogne (The Battle of the Bulge) where EVERYONE became a rifleman. The acting is first rate, Pitt is steady and believable as the battle scarred veteran of the tank wars in Europe. I particularly liked breakfast scene with the two women.

If I didn't know soldiers... if I hadn't been one, I might have enjoyed this film better, but as it is they lost me at the start.

Worf

Andersan
12-03-2014, 12:56 AM
Interstellar: With our time on Earth coming to an end, a team of explorers undertakes the most important mission in human history; traveling beyond this galaxy to discover whether mankind has a future among the stars.

recoveryone
12-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Make sure you go see "Unbroken" opens Christmas day, I think you will enjoy that more Worf