This site is not being looked after properly [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This site is not being looked after properly

3db
10-24-2014, 04:25 AM
Why can't I see my last post on a thread? Why is that I get a posting error everytime I submit a post. This place site is spiralling towards a slow death if the hosts don't do something to fix it and entice new membership. :nonod:

blackraven
10-24-2014, 08:29 AM
I think that is the idea. Some one wants this site to die off. It would be nice to hear from the powers that be about what is going on.

Glen B
10-24-2014, 11:10 AM
+3. I've been having problems with replying to posts as well, getting all kinds of error messages like this most recent one:
"You don't have permission to access /editpost.php on this server."

Only after I refresh the page, do I see the post.

harley .guy07
10-27-2014, 07:25 AM
I have noticed a decline in website performance for a while now and this has gotten to the point that I have quit posting most of the time even if I have something to say because It is such a pain in the a@#!!!

TheHills44060
10-27-2014, 07:49 AM
Yep it's getting rough around here. Still trying to post and keep activity up but starting to seem like a losing battle.

blackraven
10-27-2014, 08:12 AM
It is strange. If the people or person that runs this site wants it to die off, then why don't they say so, unless something else is going on.

I have recently joined Audio Asylum, Audio Shark and Vinyl Engine under the name Mechnutt. I am also on Audio Circles under I.GreyhoundFan.

What other forums are you guys in?

JoeE SP9
10-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Stereophile
Audio Karma
What's Best
Home Theater Shack
Vinyl Engine
All under the same screen name.

ForeverAutumn
10-27-2014, 06:59 PM
I have tried on several occasions and in several ways to contact the Consumer Review folks. Nobody responds. Nobody cares. I suspect that it's only a matter of time until somebody realizes that the bills aren't being paid for the domain and the plug is pulled.

Glen B
10-27-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm on the following, under the name Glen B, except as noted:

AudioKarma
HT Guide Forum
Audio Asylum
Audiogon Forums(posting as Gbart)
AV Forums
AVS Forums
HiFi Engine
AudioCircle
Home Theater Forum (posting as Glen B2)
Home Theater Shack
Vinyl Engine
Polk Audio Forum
The Art of Sound Forum

Feanor
10-28-2014, 04:05 AM
I visit the following fairly regularly:
- Audio Asylum
- Audio Shark
- GMG Classical Music Forum

Occasionally I visit these:
- Audio Circles
- DIYaudio
- Audio Karma
- Stereophile

In all cases I'm 'Feanor'.

Feanor
10-28-2014, 06:37 AM
I have tried on several occasions and in several ways to contact the Consumer Review folks. Nobody responds. Nobody cares. I suspect that it's only a matter of time until somebody realizes that the bills aren't being paid for the domain and the plug is pulled.

Maybe we should tell their sponsors/advertisers that members are leaving because Consumer Review guys won't fix the site.

3db
10-28-2014, 08:44 AM
Audioholics
avsforums
audioasylum
hometheatershack

TheHills44060
10-29-2014, 04:58 AM
AudioAsylum
AudioKarma
AudioAfficiondo
Blu-ray.com
Audioholics
AVForums
Hometheatershack
Audioshark
AudioCircle

The only forum I will not visit is AVS Forums. That site stinks.

Hyfi
10-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Audio Karma
Audio Asylum
Audio Circle

as Hyfi

Audio Shark
Whats Best

as Shadowfax

hifitommy
11-27-2014, 08:20 PM
it IS sad. this place survived the thankfully inimitable "mtrycraft", a chihuahua of the first odor. i steadfastly combated his and his little followers against the idea that all wire and amplifiers sound the same.

then one day, new moderators seemed to take over and poof! he was gone.

i post on every forum as hifitommy except audiogon where i foolishly thought one should change monikers in each forum. i had decided on tommy_in_sylmar but once i realized my mistake, they wouldn't change my moniker. i don't post there often, the format is hard to adjust to. i'm old.

i have found good substance at what's best forum and recommend it. but really people, we can make this work. i know that some of you have turntables and enjoy the sound so reproduced, go to it here and speak up.

Finch Platte
11-30-2014, 10:21 AM
I think that is the idea. Some one wants this site to die off. It would be nice to hear from the powers that be about what is going on.

Lol, 'Powers That Be'. There are none. Only thing are the mods who have little powers and don't even know who to contact to find out why the forums are being aloud, (get it?) to hemorrhage and expire. Check out the Rave Recordings board. We are valiantly trying to keep it going but posts keep dropping off the page. Fukc it, go to ProgEars or Steve Hoffman's site. If you need water, you don't go to the desert, do ya? ;p

StevenSurprenant
12-18-2014, 09:12 AM
I left this site a while back for several reasons, one of which was inactivity. It was so slow that people were responding to posts that were years old. Out of curiosity, I stopped by for a look see.

Now I find this thread. It's too bad, really, because this site was once a hub for spirited debate and learning.

Well, in any case, I've found my niche on another site which has reaped huge rewards in terms of system improvement and more along the lines of DIY.

I guess I'll be on my way then. Good luck everyone.

Hyfi
12-18-2014, 11:08 AM
I left this site a while back for several reasons, one of which was inactivity. It was so slow that people were responding to posts that were years old. Out of curiosity, I stopped by for a look see.

Now I find this thread. It's too bad, really, because this site was once a hub for spirited debate and learning.

Well, in any case, I've found my niche on another site which has reaped huge rewards in terms of system improvement and more along the lines of DIY.

I guess I'll be on my way then. Good luck everyone.

Yo Steve! Nice to hear from you. This place was broken (codewise) for a while but seems to have been fixed, but not until just about everyone left. I mainly hang out over at AudioShark as Shadowfax, but not much DIY going on there.....more HE and UHE gear but a real good group of self policing members that don't need to be coddled.

Happy Holidays!

StevenSurprenant
12-19-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks, It's nice to be missed/remembered :). I stopped by audioshark and got a chuckle out of the tube section thread. Steve (not me) wrote: "There is just no point in living without tubes." I went with tubes and so I can appreciate his sentiment. Maybe I'll see you there.

Best wishes.

Hyfi
12-19-2014, 08:47 AM
Thanks, It's nice to be missed/remembered :). I stopped by audioshark and got a chuckle out of the tube section thread. Steve (not me) wrote: "There is just no point in living without tubes." I went with tubes and so I can appreciate his sentiment. Maybe I'll see you there.

Best wishes.

Please do Join at the shark, I think you would like the atmosphere

Feanor
12-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Please do Join at the shark, I think you would like the atmosphere

If I may comment on Audio Shark, which I have joined, the discussion there is very heavily weighted towards VERY high-end equipment; this makes most, (not all), discussion thoroughly irrelevant to me.

Hyfi
12-19-2014, 11:58 AM
If I may comment on Audio Shark, which I have joined, the discussion there is very heavily weighted towards VERY high-end equipment; this makes most, (not all), discussion thoroughly irrelevant to me.

I enjoy the discussion, learning, and checking out all the gear. Will I ever purchase a $100K system, probably not. That does not stop me from posting and reading. It's a better place than here for sure.

blackraven
12-19-2014, 02:45 PM
All the guys on AS are very friendly if not a little clickish though. But they don't belittle any one or their gear. But I have to admit, even with about $22,000 of 2ch gear I do feel a little bit out of place there.