Led Zepp Remasrers are Great [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Led Zepp Remasrers are Great

MasterCylinder
10-20-2014, 04:09 AM
Just spent the weekend listening to LZ2...........very well done.
Can't wait to get LZ4 and HotH..............recommended.

Finch Platte
10-20-2014, 03:50 PM

ForeverAutumn
10-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Do they sound like Led Zeppelin?

'nuff said. I'll pass.

:sleep:

Finch Platte
10-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Do they sound like Led Zeppelin?

'nuff said. I'll pass.

:sleep:

I'm with you, never liked 'em, never will, no matter how good they sound.

Saw an interesting LP in the record store today, though. Jimmy Page with the Black Crowes, doing a bunch of LZ songs. Think it was on white vinyl, 3 records?

ForeverAutumn
10-21-2014, 06:17 PM
Sorry MC. I don't usually dump on people's posts. If I don't like the band I'll generally just abstain, but I was feeling kind of facetious this afternoon. :D

3LB
10-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Piss on both ya... :D

HotH sounds superb; yikes, I already own the box set from the early '90s - buddy of mine let me borry his spanking new copy and damned if I don't need it. Everything that was wrong with past releases seems to be resolved here. I couldn't care less about the bonus disk though.

MasterCylinder
10-30-2014, 04:15 AM
Piss on both ya... :D

HotH sounds superb; yikes, I already own the box set from the early '90s - buddy of mine let me borry his spanking new copy and damned if I don't need it. Everything that was wrong with past releases seems to be resolved here. I couldn't care less about the bonus disk though.

Received LZ 4 and HotH yesterday.
While you are correct on HotH, LZ 4 is not great improvement.
L Z 2 beats them all.........superb.

3LB
10-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Received LZ 4 and HotH yesterday.
While you are correct on HotH, LZ 4 is not great improvement.
L Z 2 beats them all.........superb. taint heard LZ2 but have heard LZ4 in car and on headphones and it still sounds as muffled and claustrophobic as ever... wasn't this their first homemade/non-studio recording? At least they achieve some much needed space on HotH.