Stanton red signature cartridge? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Stanton red signature cartridge?

bongo_x
10-15-2014, 08:06 PM
I have a Stanton cartridge that is bright red with a signature "W O Stanton" and no other markings. The stylus is labeled "D680EL mkII", but the cartridges by that name I’ve seen pictures of don’t look like mine. Does anyone know what this is?

bongo_x
10-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Ah well, I left it in the Denon DP60L when I listed it on ebay, I was just wondering if I should have listed it separately. I can’t seem to find any info on it.

emaidel
10-18-2014, 03:38 AM
As a former VP of Sales and Marketing for Stanton, this is a question I'd ordinarily be able to answer, but I never saw a red Stanton cartridge, and the only one I ever remember having Walter Stanton's signature was the Collector's Series 100, but that model is all black.

Years ago, Stanton had a lineup of cartridges under the name, "Epoch," which looked more like miniature Starship Enterprise models than a phono cartridge. Perhaps what you have is one of those with a replaced stylus assembly. That which you have is for a DJ cartridge, but that cartridge was silver and black.

Sorry I couldn't have been of any more help.

bongo_x
10-18-2014, 06:50 PM
Thanks for your help, that at least tells me it is something unusual, I tried to look it up on a whim after I listed the turntable and spent hours trying to find something about it. It looks just like the pictures I’ve seen of the WOS Collectors Series 100, except it’s red with white lettering.

I wish it would have occurred to me before I listed the turntable.