New Vizio E and M series making quite a stir out there [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Vizio E and M series making quite a stir out there

3db
10-10-2014, 09:25 AM
I've been hearing nothing but good things about these two new series. I've been googling to see if I could find anything bad about them and haven't found much so far.

Smokey
10-11-2014, 06:41 PM
I've been hearing nothing but good things about these two new series. I've been googling to see if I could find anything bad about them and haven't found much so far.Vizio advantage over other 'midrange" TVs is that E and M series utilize Full Array Local Dimming which have won alot of videophiles over. One think I have noticed is that Vizio used to be a low cost alternative. But not anymore. Their TV cost is same as name brands.

recoveryone
10-13-2014, 10:36 AM
Smokey I think its more of meet in the middle factor, Vizio prices went up a little as others dropped theirs a little to compete with the mid to lower market. Its just like the DVD and BR market, you can find Samasung, Sony and LG right next to Vizio, Element and a host of new brands that have crawled out of the wood work.

But IMHO the real factor remians in the specs of the panel. What many have forgotten is specs like refresh rate, motion blur and so on, regardless of brandname a 60hz panel is not going to look better than a 120hz, 240hz or plasma.

TheHills44060
10-15-2014, 07:24 AM
I think I've read that a major complaint with the E series is the smart one's menus and applications are really slow. Not sure if the M series suffers the same performance.

Smokey
10-15-2014, 01:23 PM
But IMHO the real factor remians in the specs of the panel. What many have forgotten is specs like refresh rate, motion blur and so on, regardless of brandname a 60hz panel is not going to look better than a 120hz, 240hz or plasma.

If you are a gamer or sport fan, higher refresh rate than 60 Hz probably does matter. But for movies and Tv shows, probably not :)

recoveryone
10-16-2014, 08:39 AM
I have to plea guilty as I am a sports fan and that is what I do watch most often, from football, F1 racing, basketball and even world cup soccer. The only regular TV I watch is the news on a daily bases, There is not much on that appeals to me. So its blu ray movies/DVDs and sports and I'm sorry I notice the difference between my 60hz in the master bedroom and the 120hz in the family room and the 120hz just kills it in clarity.

Now I will admit that most sporting events are broadcast at higher levels of PQ than many TV shows, but PBS and a few other documentary channels put out some great PQ. So some of it falls back on the quality of the signal being sent out.

3db
10-16-2014, 10:24 AM
I have to plea guilty as I am a sports fan and that is what I do watch most often, from football, F1 racing, basketball and even world cup soccer. The only regular TV I watch is the news on a daily bases, There is not much on that appeals to me. So its blu ray movies/DVDs and sports and I'm sorry I notice the difference between my 60hz in the master bedroom and the 120hz in the family room and the 120hz just kills it in clarity.

Now I will admit that most sporting events are broadcast at higher levels of PQ than many TV shows, but PBS and a few other documentary channels put out some great PQ. So some of it falls back on the quality of the signal being sent out.

The E series refreshes at 120Hz while the M doubles the E series for 240Hz.

recoveryone
10-16-2014, 12:05 PM
The E series refreshes at 120Hz while the M doubles the E series for 240Hz.

This must be the 2014 models only, as I have the E390-A1 2013 and its 60hz, good to know

Smokey
10-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Well, the review for P series (4K) from Vizio is in and got an excellent review. Good enough review to be awarded Editor's Choice.

With price of $999 for 50 inch and $2000 for 65-inch version, it gives Samsung, Sony and LG 4K TVs run for their money.

Vizio P652ui-B2 (P Series) 4K LED TV Review - Reviewed.com Televisions (http://televisions.reviewed.com/content/vizio-p652ui-b2-p-series-4k-led-tv-review)