Is there anybody out there.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is there anybody out there....

Mike
09-22-2014, 07:41 AM
It's been a while since I posted anything on this site but here goes.

New album by the Pineapple Thief - Magnolia is a gem, not as proggy more commercial than previous efforts but worth looking out for.

For the sound think Porcupine Tree, Muse, even a bit of Floyd, or just try this The Pineapple Thief - Alone At Sea - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_khBafz5f7Q)

While I'm at it if you like the above also check out Zulu Winter - Stutter

Cheers
Mike

Hyfi
09-22-2014, 08:42 AM
Hi Mike, really long time....

Finch turned me on to some older Pineapple which I liked so I will give this a listen.

Mr Peabody
09-22-2014, 07:43 PM
thanks for the recs.

ForeverAutumn
09-23-2014, 10:13 AM
Hey Mike. Great to see ya! I hope that all is well in your corner of the planet.

You know I always listen when you speak. Thanks for the recs. :)

Finch Platte
09-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Hey, Mike-

Sorry to say I don't remember you, maybe before my time?

Anyhoo, welcome back, and thanks for the PT tip. Will cheggum out if the lrs has the disc.

Finch Platte
09-25-2014, 02:00 PM
Ok, there's some good stuff here, and some really mellow MOR sh!t with pseudo strings that made me feel like I stumbled onto one of my parents' listening parties.

It's not prog, so if you're expecting that, you will be disappointed. I guess they call it 'modern rock' these days.

The little sticker on the cover reads, "The perfect blend of brains, brawn, beauty and exquisite songwriting... a modern rock masterpiece." Dom Lawson, The Guardian.

Not too sure about that just yet, but I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.