Jamo S-35-HCS [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jamo S-35-HCS

alphasig246
09-16-2014, 01:38 PM
I am looking at purchasing these speakers, but I was wondering if they are good speakers and worth the money. Any suggestions would be great.

harley .guy07
09-16-2014, 01:55 PM
for a form factor set of home theater speakers they would be fine but if you are looking at speakers for music only then I would say there would be better choices out there for pure music. I would say for music the Usher 520 or maybe or even the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR would be better choices for that. The Pioneers are way cheaper and you would need a sub but I think they would sound better but that is just my opinion.

Mr Peabody
09-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Jamo used to make some decent higher end speakers but lately all I see are a lot of cheap speakers with the Jamo name that are just mediocre, if that's all the money you had they'd get the job done but there are better sounding budget speakers. What price are you shopping in?

010hnoor
05-15-2015, 02:28 AM
I would say for music the Usher 520 or maybe or even the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR would be better choices for that.

Billiam62
05-17-2015, 08:11 AM
Jamo is now owned by Klipsch. I will say that I am very happy with the little C 601 speakers that were from the previous line of the Concert Series and were released just after Klipsch purchased Jamo. I know that their C 800 series is a very good speaker line though are now hard to find. Don't know anything about the new C series speakers to comment either way.

I just purchased a pair of Jamo 68's which were made in Denmark. Probably 15 years old but they sound great. Got them off Ebay for $100! They must have sold for a grand when they were brand new. Best bookshelf speaker I've owned. I just use them for music.

You may want to look at some older used Jamo's on Ebay or Craigslist. I have not been disappointed with the 68's and don't even need to look for a new pair in the foreseeable future.

Odd thing though. The character of the sound of the 68's has not changed one bit since I bought them a couple of months ago. So much for that theory that speakers don't need a break in period and will sound different after a few hours or more of playing. This is my first used speaker purchase and it proves to me that new speakers most definitely will have a change in their sonic character after a break in period.