I hate Derek Trucks! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I hate Derek Trucks!

Finch Platte
09-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Nothing personal, dude, but you are the most boringest performer I've 'seen' in my life.

Never seen you live, but have seen you on dvd with Tedeschi-Trucks, Allman Brothers and various tributes. Yeah, you can play guitar ok, but would it hurt you to smile once in a while, give a little eye contact, or acknowledge a good solo? I'll never forget a gig you did with Sonny Landreth, he did a blazing solo, and you just turned away when he was done, no smile, no "good job", .nothing.

You came to play in my town, and I wouldn't pay a dime to watch your boring ass.

Rant over. Blecchh.

Swish
09-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Nothing personal, dude, but you are the most boringest performer I've 'seen' in my life.

Never seen you live, but have seen you on dvd with Tedeschi-Trucks, Allman Brothers and various tributes. Yeah, you can play guitar ok, but would it hurt you to smile once in a while, give a little eye contact, or acknowledge a good solo? I'll never forget a gig you did with Sonny Landreth, he did a blazing solo, and you just turned away when he was done, no smile, no "good job", .nothing.

You came to play in my town, and I wouldn't pay a dime to watch your boring ass.

Rant over. Blecchh.

:nonod: I used to love the Allman Bros. when I was younger, but have grown tired of jam bands in general. I guess that's why I have no time for prog either. The stuff just bores me to tears.

Finch Platte
09-17-2014, 02:35 AM
:nonod: I used to love the Allman Bros. when I was younger, but have grown tired of jam bands in general. I guess that's why I have no time for prog either. The stuff just bores me to tears.

Don't cry, Swish baby! I hear that Spoon's next disc will be a live one, with all songs jammed and stretched out, with wonky guitar solos, plus keyboard noodlings from newest member Rick Wakeman!. There's even an 18-minute version of I Turn My Camera On, with special guest Bob Weir!

Also, Spoon's entire back catalog is being remastered by Steven Wilson, AS WE SPEAK.