A Good Interview - Bozzio : Wife, Drum Tech, SUV and a Trailer = World Tour [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A Good Interview - Bozzio : Wife, Drum Tech, SUV and a Trailer = World Tour

MasterCylinder
08-27-2014, 08:16 AM
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/zappa-drum-legend-terry-bozzio-on-touring-the-worlds-largest-tuned-kit-20140826 (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/zappa-drum-legend-terry-bozzio-on-touring-the-worlds-largest-tuned-kit-20140826)<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

ForeverAutumn
08-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to pass that on to Hubby. I'm really looking forward to seeing this show in a few weeks. :)

Mr Peabody
08-27-2014, 08:40 PM
His show would be cool to see, talented guy.

I wonder when he was talking about his "Pop star" career not being a success if he was talking about Missing Persons or something else. I can think of a lot of 80's bands that didn't do as well as Missing Persons. I liked many of their songs and Mental Hopscotch is still a song I take to 11.

Mr Peabody
08-27-2014, 08:42 PM
That would be a cool show to see, talented guy.

I wonder if where he talks about a failed "Pop" career if he is referring to Missing Persons or something else. I can think of a lot of 80's bands that done worse. I liked several of their songs and Mental Hopscotch still gets turned to 11.

Finch Platte
08-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Bozzio is farkin' 63 years old???

Incredible article. As a drummer, I could really relate to getting the kit set up right (if something was off by a quarter inch, it could throw me ), and his tale of woe just getting to the gig on time really resonated. Thanks for posting*that link.

Finch Platte
08-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Gah!! Focking RR!! I HATE YOU.

Finch Platte
08-30-2014, 01:05 PM
I tried to respond to this post 3 times, but RR is so f'd up, it wouldn't let me post.

that is an excellent interview, I was especially interested in how he got everything set up so quickly and just right. As a drummer, I know how hard it is to get things perfect, night after night. I didn't realize how old he was! and to hear about his travails in the van, that was just icing on the cake.

thanks for the linky!

MasterCylinder
09-04-2014, 04:30 AM
OK -- here is the review.
I was supposed to see this in Austin over the long weekend.............because of a change in plans, that didn't happen. But the friend I was going to attend with sent this summarized review............

Great show.............some new stuff and some old stuff............some discussion.
Mostly melodic percussion and some very tough odd-time demonstration such as 5 over 7.
Somewhat of a clinic; somewhat of a concert............perhaps the best label is recital.

No matter what you call it, go see it................very entertaining and unique.