Dear Chris, part II. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dear Chris, part II.

bturk667
04-26-2004, 06:37 AM
I guess you have not yet read my first thread yet. Just in case, here is my second. I do not like that you have placed "Site Addict" under my name. Please remove it, thanks!
bturk667

Chris
04-27-2004, 09:39 AM
I'll change it. Just in case nobody knows, there are automatic user titles given to people for certain post counts.... meaning, once you have over 500 posts in our forums, your user title changes from AR Senior Member to AR Addict. We don't choose members and give them special titles ourselves. Apparently, the term "Addict" has proven to be an offensive term. Here is the list of other user titles we're using:

AR Newbie: less than 50 posts
AR Junior Member: 50-100
AR Regular: 100-300
AR Senior Member: 300-500
AR Addict: 500+

Let me know if there are any other terms that offends anyone.

In fact, what I'll do is turn on Custom User Titles, so those who would like to change theirs can. How's that?

bturk667
04-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Fine, as long as "addict" is removed from under my name. Because as of 1:53 P.M. on 4/27/04, I am now an "AR Addict." I'll be waiting.

WmAx
04-28-2004, 10:54 PM
Apparently, the term "Addict" has proven to be an offensive term. Here is the list of other user titles we're using:

(a) You may as well refrain from using any expressive words that add a 'flare' or 'expression', as this will alsays offend someone, if you do. (b) Or, just do it anyway and say "too bad" to the occasional person who is (gasp!) offended.

Personally, I would go with B. What is this, the freakin' Disney channel?

-Chris

markw
04-29-2004, 03:45 PM
How about simply "old timer"? Posting freak is a little, err... weird?

karl k
04-29-2004, 04:01 PM
I'll change it. Just in case nobody knows, there are automatic user titles given to people for certain post counts.... meaning, once you have over 500 posts in our forums, your user title changes from AR Senior Member to AR Addict. We don't choose members and give them special titles ourselves. Apparently, the term "Addict" has proven to be an offensive term. Here is the list of other user titles we're using:

AR Newbie: less than 50 posts
AR Junior Member: 50-100
AR Regular: 100-300
AR Senior Member: 300-500
AR Addict: 500+

In fact, what I'll do is turn on Custom User Titles, so those who would like to change theirs can. How's that?
I think I wouldn't mind AR Veteran. Of course, I prolly won't get to 300 anyway at the rate I'm goin'! :)

markw
05-04-2004, 04:45 PM
"Veteran member" is descriptive, and yet inoffensive, enough that nobody should be able to take offense to it. If they are offended, well, we here in Joisey have a salute for them that involves one finger.