Head phone am pave to use it [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Head phone am pave to use it

patbehar
08-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Hi,
Am (very) hard of hearing - wearing for everyday life aids - but at home I listen to music via a head phone amp (Vincent) and head phone Sennheiser.
My problem: because I cannot listen with my aids on (feed back problems) I do not wear them, and then it is very difficult for me to be able to find an amp powerful enough to be able to hear the music.
The Vincent is OK but I have to use it at its maximum volume and power.
Is there an alternative solution?
Thanks

Mr Peabody
08-17-2014, 10:17 AM
A couple things come to mind, a friend of mine has some headphones that some how send the sound through the bone behind your ear, I wonder if that style would help at all, either to wear aids at same time or help with hearing. His are the only ones I've seen and they were Bluetooth so not sure if anything like that is for wired regular style.

Some headphones, I believe very expensive Stax, and maybe some vintage brands, did connect directly to a power amp. I know this existed but not sure the brand etc. maybe an internet search will turn something up.

You may have to check with some manufacturers to see if their phones will with stand the power of direct connect to power amp, or, which models may be higher efficiency which means they will play louder with same input power.

winston
08-29-2014, 12:58 PM
Hi,
Am (very) hard of hearing - wearing for everyday life aids - but at home I listen to music via a head phone amp (Vincent) and head phone Sennheiser.
My problem: because I cannot listen with my aids on (feed back problems) I do not wear them, and then it is very difficult for me to be able to find an amp powerful enough to be able to hear the music.
The Vincent is OK but I have to use it at its maximum volume and power.
Is there an alternative solution?
Thanks
hi patbehar, welcome to the forum check this link below to see if there's help

Products for Hearing Loss for deaf and hard of hearing (http://www.harriscomm.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=1248&hcCsid=acf43514bbb5e6554f4710ad974d068e) good luck to you man, hope you find something that's compatible with your hearing aids