The Who top 3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Who top 3

Smokey
08-13-2014, 01:59 PM
The Who like band Rolling Stone had span of more than two decades of good music and are one of icon of classic rock music. Their earlier hit songs like Baba O'Riley and Behind Blue Eyes were played to death on radio, so my favorite are from their later albums.

Ranked by most favorite:

1. "Another Tricky Day" from Face Dances
2. "Don't Let Go the Coat" from Face Dances
3. "Eminence Front" from It's Hard
4. "Athena" from It's Hard

Honorable mention: "You Better You Bet" from Face Dances

http://postmediamontreal.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/leisure-who.jpg

Jack in Wilmington
08-13-2014, 02:34 PM
I still gotta go with some of my favorites.

1. My Generation from Live at Leeds
2. The Punk Meets the Godfather from Quadrophenia
3. Pictures of Lily ( A little more obscure, but always liked it)

Mr Peabody
08-13-2014, 07:38 PM
1. Baba O'Riley (still confused why this track wasn't on their greatest hits comp)
2. Won't Get Fooled Again
3. Rain Down On Me

Honorable mention, Borus The Spider played at 45 rpm from a 33 1/3 rpm LP

Smokey
08-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Thanks guys. As it is evident from your list, their earleir songs are still resonating with Who's fans :)

I seen 1975 film Tommy which was based on their Tommy album, and IMO that film was a disaster. Jack Nicholson and Ann-Margret singing! I don't think so :nonod:

MasterCylinder
08-14-2014, 04:26 AM
1. Baba O'Riley
2. Won't Get Fooled Again
3. Rain Down On Me

I can agree with the above selections.
I appreciate WHOS NEXT and QUADRAPHENIA so I'll also suggest MY WIFE and 5:15...............but I'm not much of a fan.
I've always felt that for every good song from the Who, they had 8 or 9 klunckers.......MY GENERATION is one of my all-time "can't take it" songs.
On a personal level, I think Entwistle was a true talent.
All the press about Townsend being a child molester is disturbing.
Daltry & Townsend's SuperBowl performance was truly horrible.
And ever since I read the biography of Keith Moon, I know that guy was just a total fu**up.

Jack in Wilmington
08-14-2014, 12:40 PM
I can agree with the above selections.
I appreciate WHOS NEXT and QUADRAPHENIA so I'll also suggest MY WIFE and 5:15...............but I'm not much of a fan.
I've always felt that for every good song from the Who, they had 8 or 9 klunckers.......MY GENERATION is one of my all-time "can't take it" songs.
On a personal level, I think Entwistle was a true talent.
All the press about Townsend being a child molester is disturbing.
Daltry & Townsend's SuperBowl performance was truly horrible.
And ever since I read the biography of Keith Moon, I know that guy was just a total fu**up.

I thought their Super Bowl performance was fine compared to some of the acts that they've had. I remember reading that a lot of the younger generation got into The Who after that appearance. I'm always glad when the younger kids can get into one of the true legends of rock and they see how much better music was back in the 60's and 70's.

3LB
08-17-2014, 10:35 AM
I thought their Super Bowl performance was fine compared to some of the acts that they've had. I remember reading that a lot of the younger generation got into The Who after that appearance. I'm always glad when the younger kids can get into one of the true legends of rock and they see how much better music was back in the 60's and 70's. yeah, they were like... "who are these old dudes and why are they singing that CSI theme music?"

Ranked by most favorite:

1. "Another Tricky Day" from Face Dances
2. "Don't Let Go the Coat" from Face Dances
3. "Eminence Front" from It's Hard
4. "Athena" from It's Hard

I'm actually with you on this one Smoke. The old stuff is just played to death. Thank god I don't watch CSI. I love Don't Let Go The Coat and even still whip that CD out from time to time. And I never 'got' the movie Tommy either (wasn't bowled over by the album anyway).

Smokey
08-18-2014, 11:44 AM
I'm actually with you on this one Smoke. The old stuff is just played to death. Thank god I don't watch CSI. I love Don't Let Go The Coat and even still whip that CD out from time to time.

I agree. Their later albums shows that they have matured and more confident in their music. More sophistications and rhythms :)