Earphone recommendations [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Earphone recommendations

Markwinstanley
08-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Hello to all

I am confused between following earphones. Now i am at right place. This forum is full of audiophiles.So all of you can help me better than other. Which should i buy. I just want clear sound not extreme bass but fair. So my main concern is music clarity. Waiting for your precious personal reviews and other suggestions, recommendations welcome. My budget is under 10 dollar.
1 Sound Magic ES18
2 Audio Technica ATHCLR100
3 Creative EP630
4 Philips SHE3570/80/90

Markwinstanley
08-13-2014, 11:58 PM
bump.

JoeE SP9
08-14-2014, 12:07 PM
You need to either increase your budget or lower your expectations.

The least expensive headphones I would consider are Grado SR60i's @ $79.

However, for portable use a pair of in ear models such as Skull Candy ink'd series may be adequate. They cost ~ $15.

BTW: I own a pair of Grado SR60i's

JoeE SP9
02-18-2015, 05:42 AM
Yeah, exactly, you have posted the informative post. It really helped me ahead.

No need to be snarky! This is an audiophile site. People here pay more than $10 for cables. IMO there are no headphones/earbuds that are any good for $10. The ones listed are all equally bad. So bad, I doubt if any poster here has bothered listening to them.

Markwinstanley
06-09-2015, 03:57 AM
No need to be snarky! This is an audiophile site. People here pay more than $10 for cables. IMO there are no headphones/earbuds that are any good for $10. The ones listed are all equally bad. So bad, I doubt if any poster here has bothered listening to them.

Now i agree with you. Back here almost a year.My Audio Technica ATHCLR100 is about going to die. This time i really wanna some decent ear headphone under 30 bucks. It need to be sounded clear and natural. Bass need to be tight and punchy not deep. Which one should i buy?

JoeE SP9
06-09-2015, 06:52 AM
I just recently replaced a pair of Skull Candy Ink'd with a pair of Sennheiser CX-215 ($30 @ Amazon) They work just fine with my Sansa ZipClip. The plug on the SC's lost the left channel. Both of these are IEM's

A pair of on the ear JBL J55i's are on the way here. They are currently at Newegg for $20. Oops, they were. The price has gone up to $37. Other places are asking as much as $75 for them. Amazon's asking $50. I have no idea how they will sound. However $20 is little enough to experiment with. Besides, they look upscale in a "Beats" kind of way.

JoeE SP9
06-10-2015, 10:46 AM
I just received the new JBL J55i headphones. Right out of the box they seem well made and very attractive. I especially like the included carrying bag, the removable cord and the soft leather covered cups. They don't look, feel, sound or come packaged like $20 headphones.

I'm a believer in burnin/breakin so it will be a day or so before I listen and report what I hear. Right now they are connected to a source playing Bass Mekanik V 5.0 on repeat.

Newegg has them for $20 right now. Shipping is $1!

Markwinstanley
06-10-2015, 10:18 PM
I just read review about JBL and they are worth the price. I'm looking for in ear headphones,if you 've any recommendations let me know.

JoeE SP9
06-11-2015, 04:53 AM
IMO you can do a lot worse for $20 than the JBL J55.

JoeE SP9
06-15-2015, 05:52 AM
I actually have the J55i version. The only difference is the removable cable. The i version has a volume control and microphone incorporated into the cable. I use neither of them. I've tried these phones on my XDA-2, Bravo V2, several laptops and a SanDisk ClipZip.

I'll get right to the point. These phones are laid back and sound to me rolled off in the highs. It's all there but just not as prominent as in the Grado's I normally use. They are not bass heavy. Their overall sound reminds me of an older (vintage) tube amp with rolled off highs and an overall "Golden, rich" sound. It's not all unpleasant. However IMO it's not very accurate. Anyone moving from a pair of bass heavy Beats should find these acceptable.

They are for me very comfortable. More so than my Grado's. Foam is simply not as comfortable as soft leather. The removable flat cord that connects to only one side is also IMO a plus. Flat cords are less prone to getting tangled. OTOH the cord is too short for anything other than portable use. However I'm splitting hairs here. I'm talking about a $20 (@ Newegg) purchase. I don't think you can do better for the price.

Elan Vital
07-29-2015, 08:10 PM
At $20 you will not find many headphones on par with much more expensive audiophile sets. That said, try here
Acqurate (http://www.acqurate.com/54e676c816a38ae75e3129b4)
set your budget - even at $20 there are some good headphones to be had as this site is designed to find great products for any price.

disc1
04-12-2016, 03:45 AM
Hello to all

I am confused between following earphones. Now I am at right place. This forum is full of audiophiles.So all of you can help me better than other. Which should I buy? I just want clear sound not extreme bass but fair. So my primary concern is music clarity. Waiting for your precious personal reviews and other suggestions, recommendations welcome. My budget is under 10 dollar.
1 Sound Magic ES18
2 Audio Technica ATHCLR100
3 Creative EP630
4 Philips SHE3570/80/90

You should try Panasonic Ergo Fit RP-HJE 120-K In-Ear Earbuds are well withinyour specified limits.

It has two main advantages - Firstly The Dynamic Audio clarity, with its wider frequency response, delivers you complete listening enjoyment.

And secondly, it's unique ergonomic design fit gives you ultimate listening comfort.
Give it a try, Panasonic RP-HJE 120-K (http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Headphones-RP-HJE120-K-Ergonomic-Comfort-Fit/dp/B003EM8008/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460460595&sr=8-1&keywords=Panasonic+Ergo+fit)is well worthy product. Hope u like it.

nobita88
03-18-2020, 12:54 AM
The information you have posted is really good and very helpful, I will often visit your site. powerline io (https://powerlineio.co)