Tori Amos [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tori Amos

ForeverAutumn
08-06-2014, 08:13 AM
I used to love Tori Amos. Her first three albums were favourites for a long time. Then she started getting a little weird and I lost interest. I haven't heard an album of her's since Boys For Pele (1996).

A good friend of mine has an extra ticket for Tori's show on Friday night and asked me if I'd like to go. Who am I to turn down a free concert? Of course I said yes.

To prepare for the show, I've been listening to Tori's latest release, Unrepentant Geraldines, on YouTube. It's freaking fantastic! Great songs, beautiful piano, and her voice is just gorgeous.

This may be the little nudge I needed to get back into her music. I just ordered the disk from Amazon and I'm going to have to go back in the catalogue to see what I've missed over the last 18 years.

It's hard to believe that it's been 22 years since Little Earthquakes came out. Yikes!

If you're even a little bit of a Tori Amos fan, you should check out this disk.

MasterCylinder
08-07-2014, 04:14 AM
I don't know anything about her music but it sounds like you are in for a good night.

ForeverAutumn
08-07-2014, 06:11 AM
I'm revisiting her first album, Little Earthquakes, this morning. I forgot what a fantastic album this is. Not a bad song on it.

kexodusc
08-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Late to the party but if you like her new one and her early stuff I highly recommend Scarlet's Walk. My fav and often considered her best work.

And yeah, she's got 4 or 5 albums I just avoid completely (though my wife can go pretty deep with Tori Amos). I also really liked her Her Christmas...err, winter seasonal/holiday album.

Hope you enjoyed the show :)

And I agree, Unrepentant Geraldines is pretty good.

Finch Platte
08-23-2014, 04:23 PM
I like when she shoots beavers off the piano bench.