Looking for a good wireless speaker [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good wireless speaker

tony340
08-06-2014, 06:13 AM
I listen to music from my iPad or laptop via iTunes or the internet. I'm seriously not looking at spending a lot of money on one but have heard that the Cambridge audio minx go is a good choice, in my price range but is it actually that good? I heard the Bose sound link air, was very good for that size I thought, but very pricey at around $350. Any suggestions between the $150-200 range? Also is there a lot of adv and disadv between Bluetooth and airplay? Thanks guys

Mr Peabody
08-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Hi, based on the models mentioned I'm assuming you are looking at Bluetooth speakers. I'm also looking for one but haven't bought one yet. I'm leaning toward the JBL Flip or Charge, reviews at Amazon say they play pretty loud with no distortion, the charge is supposed to have some bass due to a passive radiator, although it's hard for me to get my head around 2 inch speakers doing much but these type all use small drivers and JBL has a good rep, I just plan to buy where I can have a return. The Charge also can charge your phone, hence, the name. Interestingly, Crutchfield has a bit better selection than even Amazon. I've never heard of UE but they have a speaker with a good rating as well. I like the fact these things have rechargeable batteries. I also considered the Klipsch, with a rep for efficiency I'd think they would have some volume. I just want to be able to hear it decently while outside, a portable speaker like that though would come in handy a lot of places.

If you spring before I do let me know which way you went and I will do the same.

tony340
08-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Thanks a lot Mr P. Yes I was thinking Bluetooth cos airplay would limit u to Apple devices only and except for my iPad, I've an android phone and a windows laptop. So Bluetooth is the best solution. Not heard the JBL, but yes I too thought that this whole thing of wireless speakers was just a fad, and nothing else, till I heard the Bose sound link air at a friend's, it was darn good, filled a large living room with pretty good audio. But it's way too pricey at $350. I'm looking at the CA minx go as it has got some great reviews, but would have to order one over here as it's not available in this part of the world. Will sure let u know.

Mr Peabody
08-25-2014, 08:59 AM
Hi, I was at a Sprint store who had the JBL Flip original for $69.00 where the Flip 2 was going to be $99.00. I forgot what the difference between the 2 were but it didn't concern me so I jumped on the deal. The Flip sounds better than I thought it would. It may be my phone, 5S, the volume seemed adequate for small room or office but it's not going to fill a living room. I haven't used it outside yet but I suspect I may be wanting for more volume. Flip does have the speaker phone feature, rechargeable battery and nice carrying case. The sound is clean though and even though the volume may have it's limits I'm liking this little unit. I'll have to try it with my wife's Ipad to see how the volume does.

I may be wrong but I believe Cambridge Soundworks and Cambridge Audio are two separate companies. Both seem to have a good rep though.

hellosugr
09-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Have you heard about Muno?
It's a wireless Wifi sparker with decent sound quality, I think it is in the price range you are looking for.

I listen to music from my iPad or laptop via iTunes or the internet. I'm seriously not looking at spending a lot of money on one but have heard that the Cambridge audio minx go is a good choice, in my price range but is it actually that good? I heard the Bose sound link air, was very good for that size I thought, but very pricey at around $350. Any suggestions between the $150-200 range? Also is there a lot of adv and disadv between Bluetooth and airplay? Thanks guys

TheHills44060
12-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Just picked up another Jabra Solemate for only 85 bucks. I like mine so much I couldn't pass up the deal. A couple years ago I matched it up against the Bose Soundlink Mini, Jawbone Jambox, Logitech Boom and one of the JBL models. I wanted some decent volume to be able to use it outside as well as it needed to have a nice blend of bass and highs.

I hate to admit it but the little Bose sounded very good however it was the most expensive and lacked features. It is built nicely bit the design seems like it might get beat or dinged up if toted around a lot. The rest didn't match up to the Solemate's construction, feature set and overall sound.

I have never heard the Solemate Max or Mini yet but i don't have a use for either one.

nobita88
02-22-2021, 12:44 AM
Follow the State's directives issued. Everyone join hands to fight epidemics, limit moving out in the house to keep the cleanest living environment. mapquest driving directions (https://mapdriving-directions.info/)