Simple fried chicken receipe [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Simple fried chicken receipe

Smokey
07-31-2014, 07:03 PM
Let me first say that fried chicken is probably one of unhealthiest food around. Every fried piece of chicken one eat, you also get two spoon full of grease the chicken was fried in. so moderation is the key (maybe eat it every other week).

Now that is out of way, back to reciepe :)

First and very importand, the chicken pieces have to be put in the brine for at least four hours. The brine consist of water, salt and pepper. Just make enough brine to cover the chicken. The brine make the chicken very moist and it also season it.

Next make the flour for coating. The receipe is flour, dash of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika for color and smoke flavor. And then mix.

Drain the chicken after its been in the brine, and discard the brine. Coat the chicken with flour and let it sit for fifteen minutes. The chicken moisture will make the flour kindd of pasty, so when flouring the chicken for second time, it will stick to chicken and make it very crispy.

Heat the frying oil to 350 degrees and when it is ready, coat the chicken with flour for second time and then drop it in the oil. Cook the chicken for exactly 12 minutes. After 12 minutes of frying, take out the chicken pieces and let it rest on wire rack for 10 minutes before eating.

And then enjoy the chicken with couple of bisquits and may be some Louisiana hot sauce. Good eating :)

http://www.foodlve.com/pictures/80565074fried.jpg

Feanor
08-01-2014, 04:02 AM
Yum! Sounds and looks good.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-02-2014, 03:30 PM
You forgot one thing Smokester. You will have to live with the smell of fried chicken for days in your kitchen. I rarely eat fried chicken these days(killed it as a young person though), but thanks to my mom's fried chicken recipe, I do cook it every now and then when my aunt allows me in the kitchen(that does not happen very often unfortunately, she rules the kitchen). You have to wipe the place down after frying chicken, or you will smell it for days.

The meal of sin; Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, greens, and cornbread. What a combo!

Smokey
08-02-2014, 07:11 PM
I rarely eat fried chicken these days(killed it as a young person though), but thanks to my mom's fried chicken recipe, I do cook it every now and then when my aunt allows me in the kitchen(that does not happen very often unfortunately, she rules the kitchen).

If you know the reciepe please post it. I like to try different fried chicken receipes.

One receipe I tried was to coat the chicken with Louisiana hot suace (or Tobasco), then flour it and fried it. Have a glass of cold water stand by :D

The meal of sin; Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, greens, and cornbread. What a combo!

That is kind of meal-as they say-will stick to your bone. Some blackeye peas might hit the spot too :)

dean_martin
08-04-2014, 02:18 PM
If you know the reciepe please post it. I like to try different fried chicken receipes.

My aunt passed on her fried chicken recipe to one of my cousins before she died. It includes a soak in milk or buttermilk, not sure which. The last time I had it was a long time ago. I remember it was fried in an outdoor cooker using peanut oil. It was good! If I track down the recipe, I'll either post it or send you a pm. Thanks for yours!

08-06-2014, 03:02 PM
My aunt passed on her fried chicken recipe to one of my cousins before she died. It includes a soak in milk or buttermilk, not sure which. The last time I had it was a long time ago. I remember it was fried in an outdoor cooker using peanut oil. It was good! If I track down the recipe, I'll either post it or send you a pm. Thanks for yours!

Dean, soaking the chicken in a buttermilk brine(with garlic, onions, herbs, paprika) overnight is a pretty popular pre-baking, grilling, or frying routine among southern cooks.

08-06-2014, 03:03 PM

One receipe I tried was to coat the chicken with Louisiana hot suace (or Tobasco), then flour it and fried it. Have a glass of cold water stand by :D

Milk is much better than water when dealing with "spicy" stuff.

That is kind of meal-as they say-will stick to your bone. Some blackeye peas might hit the spot too :)

I love blackeye peas. No soul food meal is complete without them.

Smokey
08-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Dean, soaking the chicken in a buttermilk brine(with garlic, onions, herbs, paprika) overnight is a pretty popular pre-baking, grilling, or frying routine among southern cooks.For grilling, I would marinate the chicken in Italian salad dressing. The oil in the dressing will help with the grilling and give chicken very zesty flavor.

Markwinstanley
08-14-2014, 05:01 AM
I only eat Fried chicken with bear. Don't know why may be coz don't like fried chicken taste. First time i ate with bear coz it's too much oily. I hope mom will make this time at home with your recipe. Thanks for it.

bubbagump
07-23-2020, 07:45 AM
Some create a brine for fried chicken or give it a dunk in beer batter, and a light coating of seasoned flour - or a roll in crushed saltines.

The best way to discover your favorite method of homemade fried chicken is to experiment with different seasonings and techniques until you hit on your perfect preparation.

I also advise you to buy quality dishes. For example, I buy from skilletdirector.com (http://https://skilletdirector.com/brand/kitchenaid-pasta-attachment/) and I am completely satisfied with their services. I advise everyone to buy there because they are really masters of their craft.