Yes - Heaven And Earth - new album [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yes - Heaven And Earth - new album

Dave_G
07-29-2014, 09:09 AM
I received this cd the other day. I like it. A lot. One of those albums you hear 1st time ever and you know it is good, and will get better and better with time. The production by Billy Sherwood it fantastic. Smooth, clean, crisp, not loud at all.

A breath of new air for the true YES listener.

DG

Hyfi
07-29-2014, 09:14 AM
Looking forward to sampling this one. I stopped listening at Going for the One.

Finch Platte
07-29-2014, 10:17 AM
Who is singing?

Hyfi
07-29-2014, 10:23 AM
Who is singing?

Jon Davison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Davison)

Heaven & Earth (Yes album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_%26_Earth_%28Yes_album%29)

ForeverAutumn
07-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Who is singing?

Jon Davison

The singer was hired because he had the closest name they could find to Jon Anderson. He even kinda looks like Jon Anderson in the 70's.

They figured that the old fogie Yes fans probably had sufficient memory loss that they would confuse the two and continue to buy tickets to live shows.

:D

Finch Platte
07-29-2014, 02:02 PM
The singer was hired because he had the closest name they could find to Jon Anderson. He even kinda looks like Jon Anderson in the 70's.

They figured that the old fogie Yes fans probably had sufficient memory loss that they would confuse the two and continue to buy tickets to live shows.

Ha!

I bet Jon Peterson and Jon Dickinson were really disappointed.

Hyfi
07-29-2014, 05:04 PM
Ha!

I bet Jon Peterson and Jon Dickinson were really disappointed.

What about "Good Old Lenny Johnson" :confused:

Hyfi
07-29-2014, 05:05 PM

You have been to a few Geezer shows recently, right?

3LB
08-07-2014, 06:19 AM
The production by Billy Sherwood it fantastic.

actually, that'd be Roy Thomas Baker producing; Sherwood was brought in to mix and arrange vocals afterward.

and I'm not much of a fan of this one at all. Yes, there are some good melodies and competent musicianship but no one stands out here at all except Davison (who also sang on Glass Hammer's last three albums). He's got a great voice and his writing style channels Jon Anderson. This is for the most part, hospital zone prog IMO. No fire in these guys bellies at all.