Greetings from Chesapeake VA [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Chesapeake VA

APurvis
07-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Good afternoon! I am a college student beginning what may be a career in radio. For the rest of the summer I am working with a cluster of radio stations and taking care of any I.T. related issues that emerge. Though I have a good history in I.T., my current knowledge of audio technology is somewhat limited, so I will be perusing this forum and asking a few questions while I learn more about audio. It may be some time before I can offer any substantial feedback to others, but my future seems to be paved with audio... so I will probably be around a for a bit.

Mr Peabody
07-26-2014, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the forum. Although I suppose radio can still be considered audio with the trend to more automation and use of mp3 the sound quality has degraded terribly. As well corporate ownership and buying "pre-made libraries" of music the overall enjoyment of radio is gone. It seems radio's target market is for those who want background noise or the brain dead. I'm sure it's a lovely place to work though :)

Sorry but I am old enough to remember when I could listen to radio and there were stations (non-Top 40) where it was rare to hear the same song in the same week and programmers were actually allowed to use their judgment to give a track a spin or two if they thought it was good. There was a time when stations were owned by independent owners where the stations had it's own character whether from on air staff or how they did things.

Jack in Wilmington
07-27-2014, 04:42 AM
Good afternoon! I am a college student beginning what may be a career in radio. For the rest of the summer I am working with a cluster of radio stations and taking care of any I.T. related issues that emerge. Though I have a good history in I.T., my current knowledge of audio technology is somewhat limited, so I will be perusing this forum and asking a few questions while I learn more about audio. It may be some time before I can offer any substantial feedback to others, but my future seems to be paved with audio... so I will probably be around a for a bit.

We always stay overnight in Chesapeake on our way to the Outer Banks and was wondering if there are any good HiFi shops in the area. We used to eat at Grate Steak but they've closed. Will be heading to the Outer Banks next May for a change, we usually go in Sept. Thanks, Jack