The Wild Bunch [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Wild Bunch

Smokey
07-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Recently had a chance to watch this 1969 western which was newley restored with director cut (Sam Peckinpah), and it shows Sam on top of his game. And arguably his best film.

Starring hollywood heavy weights such as William Holden, Robert Ryan, Ernest Borgnine, Ben Johnson and Warren Oates, its about group of outlaws robbing a bank and then head for Mexico.

Film is noteworthy for its action sequences and stunts without aid of CGI.

In one shot where cavelry with horses are crossing the bridge and bridge is blown up, you could see the riders and horses fall into river below. Animal right groups would be all over that scene if it was made today, but back thne I guess it was alright.

http://twi-ny.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/the-wild-bunch.jpg

Feanor
07-17-2014, 03:51 AM
When I saw The Wild Bunch back in the day, I was slightly appalled by the often gratuitous and graphic violence. -- no big deal by today's standard, of course.

Smokey
07-17-2014, 08:08 PM
When I saw The Wild Bunch back in the day, I was slightly appalled by the often gratuitous and graphic violence. -- no big deal by today's standard, of course.

You can call that movie raw :)

Some of stunts in that movie will also not be allowed today even if not big deal today. For example, when horses fell into river when bridge was blown up, you can see horses trying very hard to stay afloat and not drown.