SOTA Moonbeam [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : SOTA Moonbeam

Mr Peabody
07-12-2014, 07:19 PM
The dealer I bought my table from has recently picked up SOTA, he is telling me about this table called Moonbeam that retailed around $750.00 he is really impressed with, saying the speed is as stable as anything he has had in the store which is saying a lot as a comparison. I haven't heard one yet just putting this out there for any one shopping in this range, sounds like a real bang for buck product.

SOTA is a US company and known for the upper end models that uses air pump to suck the LP onto the platter. I almost bought one of these when looking for a table but too large for the space I had.

frenchmon
07-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Wylie has one set up at his place the last time I was there a few weeks back. I'm headed over there again soon. Perhaps I can take a listen then.

JohnMichael
07-13-2014, 06:58 AM
SOTA Comet was a table I was considering when I was having trouble with mounting the new Rega motor. I wanted a table that I could mount my RB250 on since with the rewire and Technoweight sounds so damn good. Years ago the SOTA's received great reviews and was a turntable to dream about. Having a table at that price will give Regas a run for their money.