Best movie ever made [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best movie ever made

Smokey
07-07-2014, 12:47 PM
On several lists of best movie ever made by critics, 1941 film Citizen Kane seem to be favorite as the best film. Its a good movie with alot of technical achievements and inovation photography, but IMO in term of enterteinment and standing up to time, it might be slightly dated.

Other movies may also qualify as best such as Godfather and Ben Hur.

But I am going on the limb and choose Star Wars (and its sequel) as best film ever made. George Lucas had to start from scartch to come up with story line, customs, settings and charactors such as Darth Vader, Yoda, R2-D2 and C-3PO.

And the final result was a very enterteinment film that have stood to the passage of time.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lhbWbz1xiIM/TzgnsFNdFEI/AAAAAAAANgw/A9N7Bu5XhGo/s1600/star+wars+wallpaper+532.jpg

Feanor
07-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Nah! I'm with The Godfather.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/33227/the_godfather_33227.jpg

Smokey
07-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Nah! I'm with The Godfather.http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/33227/the_godfather_33227.jpg

That movie is definitely is up there with best of them :)

Have you read the Godfather book by Mario Puzo Feanor? Very engaging book, and much more graphic and charactor development than the film.

Feanor
07-07-2014, 05:13 PM
That movie is definitely is up there with best of them :)

Have you read the Godfather book by Mario Puzo Feanor? Very engaging book, and much more graphic and charactor development than the film.
No, haven't read it, Smokey.

JohnMichael
07-07-2014, 06:43 PM
The Godfather is great and have watched the movie many times and read the book.

Romeo and Juliet directed by Franco Zeffirelli

Dr. Zhivago is always a favorite

To Kill A Mockingbird

Smokey
07-07-2014, 08:34 PM
The Godfather is great and have watched the movie many times and read the book.

Romeo and Juliet directed by Franco Zeffirelli

Dr. Zhivago is always a favorite

To Kill A Mockingbird

Sorry John. Not accepted. You only get to choose one :)

And are you sure want to include To Kill A Mockingbird as best movie ever made. I love Gregory Peck, but find his performance very wooden, and the movie kind of dry. But great speech in the court scene.

JohnMichael
07-08-2014, 06:10 AM
Sorry John. Not accepted. You only get to choose one :)

And are you sure want to include To Kill A Mockingbird as best movie ever made. I love Gregory Peck, but find his performance very wooden, and the movie kind of dry. But great speech in the court scene.

Just trying to decide.

Worf101
07-09-2014, 05:56 AM
Sorry.... gotta go with "Da Godfather"... epic, transformative.... Changed the entire cultural lexicon. "It's not personal.. strictly business". "Leave the gun, take the canoli". "I'll make em an offer he can't refuse."

Close second... perhaps "Jaws". Again.. a movie phenomena that has endured the test of time and changed the way we talk and think. Particularly about swimming in the ocean!!!!

Worf

RoyY51
07-10-2014, 06:05 PM
I'll go with "Jaws". It established a benchmark against which all other "unseen terror" movies are now judged. It also marked the cinematic big-budget debut of the best director of our time.

Smokey
07-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Coming up with greatest movie made is kind of hard as there are so many good movies that are best in their own genre. Godfather being the best mob movie, and Jaws being the best suspence.

I'll go with "Jaws". It established a benchmark against which all other "unseen terror" movies are now judged. It also marked the cinematic big-budget debut of the best director of our time.

Jaws also mark the beginning of phenomena known as summer blockbuster :)